Author Topic: Ruger LCP II .22 LR  (Read 748 times)

Offline Babbalou1956

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
Ruger LCP II .22 LR
« on: January 02, 2020, 02:55:29 PM »

(2) Ruger LCR 38
Ruger 22/45
SIG P290RS
SIG P250 .45
SIG P250 9mm SC
(2) Beretta Pico 380
Taurus 66 .357
Taurus TX22
Marlin 795 .22 rifle

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: Ruger LCP II .22 LR
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:49:33 PM »
I read about this yesterday. Surprised to see this

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 06:12:51 PM »
I've noticed the shops I frequent have been trending towards selling the subcompact .22 LR & .25 ACP. In the past month or so I've seen both the Beretta 950 and 21A Bobcat, Walther PPKS .22 LR, Taurus PT .22 and PT .25  and Bersa Thunder .22 LR.
I imagine this new Ruger will be in the display case soon.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 03:55:54 PM »
I just bought one from Keely Gun company on-line.  They also sell on GB, but charge a shipping fee of $20, which I'm guessing is to cover their GB fees.  If you buy directly, they ship for free (usually) and don't charge for credit cards.  So, delivered it was $299.  I just picked it up from my FFL but due to surgery and medical stuff won't get a chance to shoot it for a few weeks.  Hope it meets all the hype.

Chris
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 04:29:54 PM »
I need to buy my son a 22 pistol soon.

However, the new Glock 22, M&P 22 and the S&W Victory 22 are my top 3 choices.

The Glock is a Glock - but I hate Glock factory sights. So, that's an extra cost - and there probably are not any aftermarket sights for it right now.

I am looking for a plinker for him, not a carry gun. So, the Ruger is not really in the mix.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 06:37:18 PM »

The Glock is a Glock - but I hate Glock factory sights. So, that's an extra cost - and there probably are not any aftermarket sights for it right now.

I am looking for a plinker for him, not a carry gun. So, the Ruger is not really in the mix.
Ship I have a Bersa Thunder .22 LR that's a great plinker. Probably not what your looking for but it's the pistol I use as an introductory to firearms for family members learning to shoot. Your welcome to borrow it and as much ammo as you need if you want. Probably have 7-8 K rounds on hand. Also have a .22 auto rifle. Grandson shot it several times at Champion.

I believe Champion has a Walther P22 and a couple of other auto loaders and revolvers in their rental cabinet. Had the Walther for several years but used it in a trade. It requires CCI Mini Mags or Stingers to cycle correctly. Great pistol though. Has that weird Walther trigger guard magazine release.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 07:42:08 PM »
I might take you up on that.

I do have ammo - I just need the gun. He already has a 22 rifle.

I think Champion has a 50 round limit on their 22 guns, but I am not sure what they carry. My plan was to try and get him a 22 by the end of this year.

I did look at the Bersa 22 online right after I took him to the range last month. I once owned a 380 Bersa years ago. I'd wanna try one before I bought one. My son would probably appreciate your offer. I will probably get back to you on that soon  :thumbsup1:

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »
Also have a PMR 30 .22 Mag with Burris Fast Fire red dot and a soft shooting Beretta and CZ in .32 ACP. The Kel Tec .22 is loud but has very light recoil as are the 32's. I have more .22 Mag and .32 ammo than I will ever use
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
Cool.

I will probably get with ya in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks again

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 05:41:07 AM »

It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »
Thanks for the video!

Take it off the list :)

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 06:28:45 PM »
Ship, get the Victory, it's a great plinker and can be nicely upgraded for Steel Challenge if you ever want to try it.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 11:06:21 AM »
Ship, get the Victory, it's a great plinker and can be nicely upgraded for Steel Challenge if you ever want to try it.

Probably. I owned a Buckmark once with a black sight and a fiber optic front. But, 3 dot sights are my preference. And, it is going to be a trainer for my son. But yes, I will likely get him the Victory.

I am curious about that Bersa that was mentioned above, though.

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »
I now have 5 .22lr semi-auto handguns.  I have the original M&P 22 made by either Walther or Umarex, can't remember.  It fits me well and is quite a nice gun to shoot.  I had a current version of the M&P 22 Compact made by S&W but sold it because it was a little small for me.  It would make a nice gun for a youngster.

I have the SW 22 Victory and you really need to be careful how you load the magazines.  But it's a really nice gun and I enjoy mine.

I have the Ruger LCP II Lite in .22lr and just shot it.  Really nice, but slamming in a fresh mag pinched my finger so I had to remember to move my hand some to avoid it.  Also, the loading tool they supply works really well once you get used to it.  I know some have said it's worthless, but I really got a rhythm going with mine yesterday and it really helped.

I have a Ruger .22 MK II.  It's a nice gun and accurate.  Reassembly is difficult but a MKIV solves that.  Never a bad choice to own.

And finally the GSG Firefly clone of the Sig Mosquito.  It takes Sig mags and is a lot of fun to shoot.  They are dirt cheap now as it doesn't seem to have caught on with the shooting public.

Regardless, for just range fun, I'd shoot any of the above except the LCP II.  It's small sights really hamper old geezers like me.

Chris
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline texaswoodworker

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 05:03:57 PM »

I think Military Arms Channel was reporting some serious issues with the new 22 LR Glock. You might want to hold off on it until the kinks are worked out of it.

It looks like a pretty interesting design, and should be a good gun when they get the kinks out. I cannot say whether this was a one off event, or if there will be a lot of cracked Glocks floating around soon. I hope not, I kinda want one myself.

I've always enjoyed the Ruger Mark series of 22s. I have a 6" standard version (Luger style grip), that shoots unbelievably well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 05:30:07 PM »
 I'm kind of partial to my Ruger MK III 22/45 Target model. That little pistol is way more accurate than I am!

They are relatively inexpensive too. I bought mine some years ago for about $270 plus tax.

Offline Weminuche

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »
Sweet gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk