Author Topic: My ATN X-Sight 5x18 won't power on  (Read 451 times)

Offline jterrell

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
My ATN X-Sight 5x18 won't power on
« on: December 31, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
I have an ATN X-Sight 5x18 that won't power on anymore. I don't know what happened. I made sure to keep the batteries out of it when in was in storage to prevent any issues with battery corrosion. I took it out after not having used it in a year or so and now it won't power on. Am I the proud owner of a $600 paperweight now? The company won't help at all. This is their response.

JTerrell

From Manufacturer support (name withheld) -
Received, thank you. But with the receipt you have provided the warranty is no longer valid as well as does not clarify which Atn x-sight you have.
For me to better assist you please clarify which x-sight you have, would have to inform you with the 3x12 and the 5x18 Atn no longer services this unit
reason is Atn no longer carries this unit , and technicians no longer have parts to service this unit. 

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: My ATN X-Sight 5x18 won't power on
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 09:56:11 AM »
I would call their number instead. You can get your point across better by phone. But, it sounds like you are outta luck. If they do not have parts, they cannot fix it

Best you can hope for is maybe a discount off another purchase. Personally, I would not buy that brand, however.

Offline jterrell

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 10:17:45 AM »
I finally got it to turn on. It may have something to do with the memory card I was using. I removed it and it sprang to life. At least its not a paperweight now!

But I guess I have to be super careful with it. Sounds like I'm on my own support-wise.

JTerrell

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
Yes, be careful with it. Glad ya got it to work

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »
ATN isn't exactly top tier equipment and if they lack the parts, as mentioned, then support will be next to impossible for them to be able to do repairs.

Maybe by removing the memory card it was able to restart or reset the memory of the unit?

Offline Weminuche

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 12:11:55 PM »
Never had an issue with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk