Author Topic: My first CZs nit made in NY  (Read 448 times)

Offline dred

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
My first CZs nit made in NY
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
So our Pennsylvanian interloper won CZ a brand new fan.  Truth - the guns did the winning. 

Background ... I found the thumb safety swept off on my M&P 2.0 one too many times.  Add that to my inability to get deeply involved with a striker action pistol and the M&P has a new home.

I had bought it as a pistol partner for my Sub 2000.  Turns out I was able to purchase a CZ mag catch for the Sub gun.  And I spent too much time learning the CZ 9mm pistol lineup.  Yes too much time, but fair payoff.

Stage left is a CZ 75 Compact Shadowline.  Stage right is a CZ Shadow Tac II.  I scored the Shadow Tac II well under market but gave my savings back to get the Shadowline.

Triggers are just sick as they've both been tuned by the CZ Custom Shop.  Shadow Tac II has 6lb DA and 2.5lb SA and I haven't scaled the Shadowline yet.  Plus both trigger resets are ridiculously short.

Early reporting:  I don't miss having striker fired autoloaders.  And, I'm loving my new DA/SA autoloaders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: My first CZs nit made in NY
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »
Very nice. Congrats!!!

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »
Congrats. You certainly didnt fool around, ,,,and went for the best. I wish I could afford TWO Shadows.  I've shot em,, but dont own one. They're just incredible. Once Stuart and the guys at CZC get ahold of them,,   ooh baby.  :rocknroll2:

While I never could afford to buy a CZ Custom,, I've bought certain custom parts off Stuart at CZC,  (at his suggestion), and installed them. It was like WOW,,,, They shoot like a different pistol

Those are Very nice.  I'm drooling. :thumbsup1:

You will now find out how addictive CZ`s  are.  :th_thicon_funny:

Most pistols come factory with a really good trigger.

P.s.  Their rifles are awesome too.  I've bought 5.  They all came with great triggers right outta the box. Their accuracy is just Incredible. :th_thicon_idea:

Now shoot the crap outta em,, and ENJOY.  :th_thicon_funny:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline dred

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 10:00:46 AM »
LOL ... I think my 1911 thing damaged my purchase price regulator.  You are correct as well - I've got a little devil on my shoulder alternating whispers of PCR and P01/P07 Suppressor Host.  Least for now my wallet is tied up Making Christmas Great for a few folks so I'm tuning them out.

The compact shoots left and I had thought it was me.  On examination - the rear sight is biased to the left so easy fix.

And I grabbed these 'cause I don't believe in buggering up a trigger for a firing pin block mechanism.  When I shoot for crap - I like it to be my fault.  This pair shows me my mistakes plainly and simply. 

Good thing is my trigger control is improving.  I took the revolvers along and actually shot them double action as well - that's new for me.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 10:46:09 AM »
LOL ... I think my 1911 thing damaged my purchase price regulator.  You are correct as well - I've got a little devil on my shoulder ...

Hey Dred, long time.  Hope you're doing well!

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 10:50:36 PM »
Dred.

That's one thing about a CZ.  If you miss,, its your fault.  :th_thicon_funny:

I love their triggers. Best ones I ever had.

I'm sure both your shadows likely have #13 mainspring. I bought those off CZC and installed them. Boom,, instant awesome trigger.
But you need to watch letting someone who is used to heavy crappy triggers shoot your CZs,, cause they're so slick, crisp and clean with short resets, . People will do unintentional double taps.

I even done that myself a couple times after shooting my beretta 92s. They got heavy long pulled crappy triggers.  :bangheadonwall: (standard 92  :facepalm:) :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:

I said on another thread I bought a P01. It was actually a tack driver, which was no surprise , but I could feel the picanny rail on my hip in the holster.  They also lack the loaded chamber indicator and combat night sites the PCR has. My son shot the P01 and loved it, so I gave it to him. But I've since been waiting on CZ to start building the PCR again,, which they did, so my 2014  PCR is about to get a PCR companion. It's in, I just need to drive the 30 miles to go pick it up.

One of the nib  75 BDs I bought had a gritty heavy trigger. Stuart from CZC told me to install a #13 mainspring, same they use in their custom builds. He sent me some,  and it fixed it instantly.
But the DA is like 6 lbs, and the SA is like 3 lbs. Unbelievably slick. So you better like a light trigger.  :th_thicon_funny: or double taps will follow.  :afraid4:

We did my sons 75 bd when nib,, then after it broke in about 300 rounds, we switched it back to the factory.  Once the sear was broke in and polished up, the factory spring was just right for him. 

As you know, I love my CZs.  For the money, I think they are the best bang for your buck. You are getting an old school machined firearm. No stamped cheap shit. The rifles are modeled after the 98 mauser action,, so they're tops.

Best accuracy I've ever had. And they run flawless.  :thumbsup1:

I have a 455 varmint in 22 mag,, no shit,, you can easily hit pop cans at 250 yards.. All day. I can  head shoot ground hogs that far.  :rocknroll2:

My PCR had never had an issue,, and I've shot the crap outta it. Ive kinda lost track. And wasnt really counting after a while,, butnis gotta have over 3k down the pipe. Mostly CCI blazer brass and metal case. But I ran some junk too.
I carry it everyday, it's getting beat up pretty good. The coating is wearing off. Sweat and abuse I'm sure is eating at it. And I'm not sure if it's me or the gun,, but I think I may bench shoot it to see. But seems to me the accuracy is not as good as it once was, or as tight as  the P01. I may need a new barrel bushing. Dunno. Hafta
call CZC  and see what they think.

But it's never had a malfunction, of any type.

My PCR came with a stainless trigger, which is the only one like it I've seen. Another guy on CZ forum said he had on like that too and said his was also a 2014. So I dont know who it was built for. But most CZ pistols back in 2014, and even later, were contract over runs shipped here to the USA and sold. Hard to tell who they built it for.

Ok. I need to stop. I'm writing a book on em.  :th_thicon_lol:

Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline dred

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 12:04:08 PM »
Appreciate the learn'n.  And it agrees with what I've experienced so far.

Got a PCR on my short list - I like these that much.  If they'd built the Scorpion 'round the 75 mags I'd be hunting one of them too.  And I'm sorta hoping I don't run across a DWx with a credit card in my pocket.

I'm still a 1911 lover.  But the CZ trigger gives my 1911s a run for the money.  I honestly don't know if my 9mm 1911s (STI or RIA) will keep up with the CZs - it'll get answered in a range trip soon.

And, your commentary over the past few years really helped me bite the bullet.  Happy I did.  Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline DCD327

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
The CZ 97 is a big pistol. Awesome to shoot 8n every way for a .45.  But imo,, just too big and bulky to reasonably carry. There is no concealing it for me. So while I've shot them, I never actually bought 0ne as it would be a range day  safe queen.
There is you tube vids of guys shooting 9mms and the 45. cal 97 at ridiculous distances. Were talking 400 yards and consistently hitting 36 inch gongs.
Their hammer forged barrels are extremely tight. Cz does advise not shooting sub sonic low charged ammo, for fear of squibs. And while I find no reason to do it,, you can safely fire hot ammo, +p+, etc.

The CZ scorpion was on my list until they made it own specific mags.  Had they built it for 75 series mags, I would have likely paid any price. The fact some claim, "well the mags cost less than 75 mags",,, that just dont wash with me. I have a box full of 75 mags I bought off Greg Cote LLC. So the fact CZ built the scorpion with it's own mags kinda ticked me off.
I ended up buying a JR Carbine 9mm and am extremely pleased with it. I dont own a glock, but bought the G17 glock mag version, as it was said those mags ru  flawless, and they do. But they are also cheap and easy to get.

Good luck with the new firearms.
I think you made a very wise choice.  :th_thicon_idea: