Author Topic: They say its Glocktober...  (Read 379 times)

Offline Lrdplatypus

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • I'm the Lord of the Platypi. Seriously.
    • View Profile
    • The Platypus Manifesto
They say its Glocktober...
« on: October 27, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »
I've kinda been toying around the idea of building a polymer 80 glock lower for a while thinking I'd make it into a race gun for 3-Gun or something. Well, its "Glocktober" and I found a polymer 80 lower on sale for only 75 bucks... and bought it.

It's kinda a weird one though. It has a Glock 19 length grip but a Glock 17 length frame, so you finish it with G17 parts. Which got me thinking...

Did you know the G34 (the long slide 9mm) is also built on a G17 frame? Soooooo I'm really tempted to build it out into a G34... but with a G19 sized grip.   :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:

Anyway hi how are you guys?
I have a few guns.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt

"...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." II Timothy 1:12

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: They say its Glocktober...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »
Hey, welcome back.

For a while, the Glock 28 was interesting me. But, I got an APX a few months ago. I just had Ameriglo night sights installed on it, like the ones that come with the Glock 48. I think I got my striker fired gun fix. I don't see the point in buying the Glock 48 now. I wouldn't carry it anyway, since it's not DA/SA