Author Topic: ..my Wife told me about this :..  (Read 487 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Re: ..my Wife told me about this :..
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
Was talking to a coworker about this last night. I'm in agreement when he says it doesn't surprise me one bit.

On the other hand, I wouldn't doubt that when they input that little comment "ABC news acquired this video footage", it meant that somebody -- probably from a gun forum or gun club somewhere, ironically enough -- likely presented the video as being battlefield footage, and ABC being desperate to get the scoop and edge out the competition by showing a video with lots of explosions and tracers, jumped at the chance to pay to license it.

What with the tracers and two fireballs, it would have been a very impressive and dramatic clip if it had been real. :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
if you think that was impressive you should see/have seen Ft Benning's "an Infantry Platoon and all it's supporting units" demonstrating their firepower (at night ) - tho I don't know if they still put it on display - completely awesome

Online Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
Not about to create a NYT account to read it but not surprised at MSM looking to embellish a story especially if it put or adds the bad light on Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:03:38 PM »
Yeah, the Marine Corps at Quantico used to do what they called the Mad Minute at night. A whole lot of support equipment (machine guns, recoilless rifles, mortars, etc) for a solid minute. A really impressive fireworks show.
Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 06:39:31 AM »
the "Mad Minute" -a very impressive display of firepower

Offline DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 01:09:02 AM »
The Army also did mad minutes.  Things would get lit up like first light with a cherry red glow.

The roar was just incredible. You absolutely couldn't hear anything specific.
It was just a roar.

That sure would suck to get caught on the wrong end of that.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".