Author Topic: ..Wyze (security) Cameras..  (Read 371 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
..Wyze (security) Cameras..
« on: September 22, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »
last year (February 10, 2018) I started a thread about the Wyze Cameras.....we're still going thru stuff related to our move to "the Ranch" and I came across my 3 Wyze Cameras (2 that "sit there" and the other that "rotates" upon command)

I had forgotten about 'em but I plugged 'em in and all 3 came on-line on my IPad.....manana I'll check to see "how far" from my router I can place 1 of 'em and still have the signal come thru as I'm wanting to set "something" up in the Barn so I can keep an eye on the Boys (my Lorex security cams won't transmit thru the Barn's walls)

also my Wife gets in from Sydney manana and she's got the Wyze app on her IPad, so I'll remind her and she'll be able to "see all" while she's on her layovers (Munich, by the way, in October) - I'll set 'em up where she can see where both the Dogs and I "hang out"

this Tech stuff is magic
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: ..Wyze (security) Cameras..
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 05:57:48 PM »
My girlfriend has one - the kind that you can rotate.

I set it up for her. It isn't as good as my arlo cameras, but it is also a hell of a lot cheaper. For the money, they are fantastic
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 08:44:08 PM by Shipwreck »

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:26:53 PM »
agree

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 07:47:02 PM »

also my Wife gets in from Sydney manana and she's got the Wyze app on her IPad, so I'll remind her and she'll be able to "see all" while she's on her layovers (Munich, by the way, in October) - I'll set 'em up where she can see where both the Dogs and I "hang out"

Went to Octoberfest in '75 and '76. Had a buddy that was stationed at Bad Tolz and he had a place about 30 minutes from Munich. Good times had by all. Wouldn't even entertain the thought of going now.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »
I have 3 Wyze cams, about $100 total.  I also have a Lorex IP system, $1k. 
I like the 3 Wyze cameras much better.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 06:01:53 AM »
I prefer the Wyze cameras to the Lorex also - now if I just find out a way to get their displays on a large monitor I'd have 'em all over the place and take-down the Lorex ones

I was stationed at a Kaserne on the north side of Munich in the '60s and managed to get to Garmisch-Partenkirchen for a week of R&R - ski'd the Zugspitze - relatives on my Wife's Mother's side are from the Bad Tolz area - she's been back a number of times - and I happen to be an "honorary" German Citizen

But like you.....couldn't get me to do any International travel, these days