Author Topic: Liberal Forum Trolls............  (Read 605 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Liberal Forum Trolls............
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »
Rant on! :scream3:

Why is that even in some gun forums, there always has to be that one liberal member that the only subjects they post on, are those that are political or controversial in nature? I have over the last year, pretty much liberated myself of many of the forums I use to belong to simply because of this garbage and nonsense. I don't mind discussing or conversing on subjects, and accept that not everyone is going to agree, or see things the same way. I'm totally cool with that, and even in disagreement with others with their opinions, or viewpoints, as long as a person is civil and respectful, I have no problem with that person, personally.

So far, I have run across two members of such description, (One who made only about two or three posts, then gone for whatever reason, and one I have placed on ignore. Never had to do that before here!) and it really tries my patience and reserved nature!  :bangheadonwall:

Am I the only that is going through this, or is there some shift in the character and manners of some people that they can't conduct themselves in courteous and respectful manner, even though in many ways they are behind their keyboards? It almost seems like a trend that is invading many forums of lately, and the larger the forum the worse the problem seems to be with a larger number of them acting in such a manner. Seriously makes a person question of whether to even log on to a forum and post out of just knowing that there is that one liberal troll looking to start an argument.

Okay, rant off!  :wave1:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: Liberal Forum Trolls............
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:10:54 PM »
I am a moderator at Handgunforum.net - and I used to be an admin there years ago. There was a liberal member there - he was always stirring up trouble until I finally had to ban him when he kept going too far

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 07:40:27 PM »
I am a moderator at Handgunforum.net - and I used to be an admin there years ago. There was a liberal member there - he was always stirring up trouble until I finally had to ban him when he kept going too far

Differing viewpoints and opinions I can handle, even want to see them to either get me to thinking, or to verify my own thoughts on various things. And just because I disagree with someone, I can still like that person, as a person if they treat me with courtesy and respect. Agree to disagree on things.

But too many of the "militant" liberals have slipped to the point where you are automatically wrong if you disagree with them or have differing viewpoint. Sad fact is, they are showing up more and more on various forums. And here is the part that really chaps my butt, is that they zero in on any subjects or topics on that forum that are political to voice their opinions, or they many times start injecting their liberal political garbage in a thread that has not one thing to do with the subject being discussed in the first place. Many of them never, ever contribute to other threads that have nothing to do with politics or their liberal nonsense.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."

Offline Skolnick

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
Question: How many legs does a dog have if you count the tail as a leg?
Answer: Four -- counting its tail as a leg does not make it one.

Likewise, asserting someone is a liberal, or a troll, does not make it true -- it just makes it an unsubstantiated assertion.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 10:38:22 AM »
Axxe - you mentioned something about doing an "ignore" within another forum - do you know if there's that feature on this forum ?
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »
Axxe - you mentioned something about doing an "ignore" within another forum - do you know if there's that feature on this forum ?

It is a feature here on this forum, and I did use it. Part of the reason I al making myself scarce on several other forums is that over the years, I have had to place too many on ignore to the point it's not even worth being on those forums anymore.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »

Likewise, asserting someone is a liberal, or a troll, does not make it true -- it just makes it an unsubstantiated assertion.

The guy I referred to above had the name Liberal Gun Owner, or something like that. So no, it DOES make it so when they call themselves that.

Offline randyjaco

• 5 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »
I have a very liberal brother-in-law who is a gun owner. Both he and his wife have carry permits in Tennessee. They feel that THEY should be able to own guns, but the masses should not.

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline RaySendero

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 07:28:10 PM »

..... asserting someone is a liberal, or a troll, does not make it true -- it just makes it an unsubstantiated assertion.

Skolmick,

You substantially only post in the "Politics, Gripes, Complaints" forum don't you?
Ray

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 10:15:38 PM »
I have a very liberal brother-in-law who is a gun owner. Both he and his wife have carry permits in Tennessee. They feel that THEY should be able to own guns, but the masses should not.

Randy

Randy, my own mother was a liberal, and she pretty much was as anti-gun as it got. Now I loved my mother, and miss her dearly since she has passed, but that was just one subject we found we couldn't talk about! Many years ago, we decided for the sake of our relationship, we wouldn't discuss it anymore.

She felt that only LE and the military should have guns or carry them. She had no problem with her youngest sone, (my half-brother Robbie.) carrying a gun concealed, since he was with the police department, but was just super shocked when she visited my brother and I some years ago here in Texas, (she and Robbie lived outside of Santa Ana California! Big surprise!) and found we carried concealed! Even further surprised that our wives even carried!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »

..... asserting someone is a liberal, or a troll, does not make it true -- it just makes it an unsubstantiated assertion.

Skolmick,

You substantially only post in the "Politics, Gripes, Complaints" forum don't you?

Exactly Ray!  :th_thicon_idea:

And also if that person has very liberal leftist leanings, and has even self-admittedly said that the were a liberal. So then, any reasonable person using common sense would conclude that person might be a liberal.

I think I'm quite safe in assuming that Leroy is a liberal.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline RaySendero

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 06:59:06 AM »

Skolbick,

Axxe didn't mention your name before you posted that.

You act like the preverbal scalded dog!
Ray

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2019, 07:03:40 AM »
I call persons for whom I've not got a lot of respect "leroy"
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Skolnick

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »
Skolbick ... You act like the preverbal scalded dog!

Now that we have established that I act like the preverbal scalded dog, what statement of mine do you wish to dispute?

Skolmick,

This may be true, what of it?

With a handgun, I am capable of hitting what I aim at, at self-defense distances; with a rifle I am capable of hitting what I aim at, at medium range hunting distances. Other than that, I have little expertise in firearms, even with the ones that I own. Consequently, I do not think I have anything to contribute on topics other than politics, current events, and history.

And also if that person has very liberal leftist leanings, and has even self-admittedly said that the were a liberal. So then, any reasonable person using common sense would conclude that person might be a liberal.

I think I'm quite safe in assuming that Leroy is a liberal.

Now that we have established that none of the above will, or can, address me by name, I defy any, and all, of you to name one (1) instance when I have self-admittedly said I was a liberal or even demonstrated leftest leanings.

All that Axxe55 can say is that I somewhat defended Bill Maher by claiming -- and demonstrating -- that he also make vulgar jokes about liberals, and that, unlike Gilgondorin's assertion, Maher does not present himself with a respectable human facade. Also, in a previous thread, I opposed the draft because, like the 13th Amendment, I oppose slavery in the strongest language possible.

Those postings do not make me a liberal, but more importantly, they do not validate Axxe55's unsubstantiated assertion.

On April 14, 2019 Tango asked me if I "ever served our Country, in any capacity". The answer was yes. In the current libturd exchange, Axxe55 asked if I "even own any guns". That answer is yes.

On January 23, 2017, I posted a list of criminals who were released or ignored by the criminal justice system.

On June 11, 2018, I posted a URL to a YouTube video of numerous predictions of a Clinton landslide over Trump.

Would "any reasonable person using common sense" conclude the previous six sentences are indicative of a flaming, card-carrying, self-admitted leftist?

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2019, 08:31:15 AM »
I call persons for whom I've not got a lot of respect "leroy"

Leroy is quite befitting Tango!  :th_thicon_idea:

From here on out, liberal trolls will be referred to Leroy the Liberal!  :th_thicon_lol: :th_thicon_funny:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline RaySendero

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 10:54:47 AM »
..... Consequently, I do not think I have anything to contribute on topics other than politics, current events, and history.

LOL - There you go THINKING again.
Ray

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 12:26:18 AM »

Skolbick,

Axxe didn't mention your name before you posted that.

You act like the preverbal scalded dog!

Ray, you are exactly correct. I never mentioned anyone by name in this thread, but Leroy sure jumped in there playing the victim card pretty danged fast. :wave1:

And here's the thing, as many of you know, and a couple even having met me in person, pretty much know I'm fairly conservative in my viewpoints and opinions on things, and when another person likes to take me to task for those viewpoints, and vehemently disagrees with them, and when others, whom I consider to be pretty much conservative in their opinions, tend to agree for the most part with my own opinions, then the conclusion seems to me by act of elimination, that that person harbors leftist, or liberal leanings. That is not an assertion, or trying to foster any belief that a tail can be considered to be another leg of the dog. It's just a natural conclusion drawn from from another person's posts, and those replies to my own posts.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Skolnick

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 09:46:27 AM »
Ray, you are exactly correct. I never mentioned anyone by name in this thread

Axxe55, in another thread on August 26, 2019, 04:13:58 PM: keeping with that, and there is a first time for everything, I'm putting you on ignore ...

Less than half an hour later, Axxe55 started this thread on August 26, 2019, 04:37:16 PM; So far, I have run across two members of such description, (One who made only about two or three posts, then gone for whatever reason, and one I have placed on ignore.

Lew: Do the math.

Leroy sure jumped in there playing the victim card pretty danged fast.

In what way is pointing out that an assertion is without substantiation the same as playing a victim card?

How does identifying me as a liberal place me into victimhood? Bill Maher is a confessed liberal and proud of it. If I am a cohort of Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it, should I not be equally proud of my liberal credentials?

I didn't say Axxe55 did something to me because I am [fill in the blank]. I didn't claim Axxe55 did anything, nor tried to do anything to me for any reason. Nor did I claim that he, or she, might ever do something to me in some circumstance. So what victim card am I supposed to be playing?

Does a person who has a pet phase of "now that we have established I am a ..." , a phase that was used twice in this thread, sound incline to claim victimhood -- even when actually insulted?

In the post that started this, and all of you are free to see it for yourselves, Gilgondorin lumped Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it, in with those liberals who present a "'respectable human being' facade ..." I correctly noted that Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it, does not maintain a respectable human being facade, and often jokes about his decadence (also, I noted that Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it, picks on liberals with the same kind of obnoxious jokes he uses on conservatives -- and provided two examples of that).

Correctly noting what Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it, says does not make me a liberal -- no matter what Axxe55 might assert.

Offline RaySendero

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »

I correctly noted that Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it, .....
Correctly noting what Bill Maher, who is a confessed liberal and proud of it ....,

Slokvick,
If Bill's your hero, why won't you confess, too?
Ray

Offline Skolnick

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
If Bill's your hero, why won't you confess, too?

He is not my hero, but I don't let my politics negate my appreciation for a clever joke even if it comes from Bill Maher.

For example:

In that video, Maher does a good commentary on Hollywood in the age of #MeToo. If you can't stand to look at his face, then skip to 4:11 in the video and take in his commentary about Rocky's first date with Adrian. That is a very clever joke!