Author Topic: New to me Sig P239 in 9mm; shipping this week  (Read 453 times)

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
  • Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
New to me Sig P239 in 9mm; shipping this week
« on: August 11, 2019, 07:59:23 PM »
I've wanted a Sig P239 off-n-on for many years.  They were always too expensive, even the used ones.  I finally gave up.  Until this past week.  I was surfing the GB and saw on that had a ridiculously low opening bid.  So low in fact I just put that amount plus $25 just to see what would happen.

Then the hammer fell.  The gun would come with 3 factory mags but I started looking for a few extras.  That's when I found out that Sig had dropped that gun from their line up a few years back and stopped selling anything for it.  Including new mags.  I panicked and did a web search.  The few I found were being price gauged.  In fact, I saw several going for a $100 or more.  I logged into my Sig Forum account and saw that the moderator, some time back, had deleted several "For Sale" ads where folks were price gauging and wrote a long missive about not allowing that type of activity on the forum.

What also was mentioned, later in the thread, was that the 9mm magazine for the Sig P225-A1 would work and had the same body, just a different floor.  It also mentioned that Galloway Precision sold a plus one floor plate that is attached to the P225-A1 mag body and their photos looked good.  So I bought two mags on e-bay with free shipping and two new floor plates.

Oh, BTW, I won the auction at the $375 mark and will soon be the new owner of a gun that has come and gone on the American gun scene.  I can't wait to shoot it.  It fits nicely in my lineup of P229R in 9mm and P226 in 9mm.  Kind of like a G26, G19, and G17.  All of which I once owned but only kept the G19.

Chris

I'll post pics once I get this home.
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: New to me Sig P239 in 9mm; shipping this week
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 08:23:30 PM »
Congrats!!! Let us know how you like it at the range

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 10:28:31 PM »

:this_thread_is_worthless_with

(Congrats)

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 11:29:27 PM »
Wow, that's an incredible deal.
I'm not a fan of DA/SA guns personally, but the Sig 239 is a phenomenal carry gun that I would love to have.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:14:00 PM »
Arrived today.  Looks like it has hardly been out of the box (which it didn't come with unfortunately).  Grips in great shape almost no wear.  Very little if any metal wear.  Came with 3 factory mags and I added 2 from the P225-A1 with Galloway plus one floor plate (gotta slap these in to seat but they work) which is in the gun in the pictures.  Sig night sights are a little dim but usable.  Overall a great gun for a decent price.

Photos suck but it's the best I can do indoors.  A steal for $435 including shipping and transfer fee.  Glad I bought it.

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/ae76b833f3e356cefb78884aa1cce4bf.jpg

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/53cd4002724cd731e986a767871d016a.jpg

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/5762aad6a28e9a2f5a78dd1b433ac4ee.jpg

I have no idea why the photos have been turned 90 degrees to the right, sorry.

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 07:06:27 PM »
I took it to Shady Oaks range this week and fired about a box of ammo though it.  I like it!  The DA pull sucks, but with practice I probably could manage it for Concealed Carry.  I fed it 147 grn HPs from Winchester Ranger and old style Federal 147.  I even ran 6 of the Colt all copper hollow points my 9mm 1911 wouldn't run consistently (too low a recoil I suspect) with zero malfunctions.

I have a kydex holster for it and might consider carrying it if I can keep my pants up.  Problem with having no hips or ass to speak of and a pot belly.  Belts don't always cut it.  I have lost 30 pounds from my high point weight but still need to drop 20 more to get to my AF retired weight (which seemed to be best for me).

So, this "no longer made" orphan has found a home and I'll treat it with respect.

Thanks for listening.

Chris
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:34:41 PM by cporfe »

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 08:08:13 PM »
Yeah finding the right pants, belt and holster combo can be a PIA. I have two drawers full of cast off inside and outside the waistband holsters, belts, lights, magazines, optics and other stuff.
For concealed carry the last few years I have used  a Bianchi Black Widow thumb snap OWB holster and a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster for my CZ Model 50 when I do a walkabout.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 04:20:09 PM »
Looks like you got a great deal there. :th_thicon_idea:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.