Author Topic: Opioid Crisis......  (Read 350 times)

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Opioid Crisis......
« on: July 21, 2019, 10:15:25 PM »
Well it looks like the courts are going to allow lawsuits against the drug companies to go forth in Ohio.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-biggest-civil-trial-in-us-history-will-start-with-these-ohio-counties/ar-AAEEDp2?ocid=spartandhp

People blame the drug companies for the opioid crisis that our country is facing. Or the doctors for prescribing them.

What about putting the blame on the dopeheads using the drugs?

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Opioid Crisis......
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 10:45:47 PM »
There is culpability on many fronts, not just chronic users.  In the 90’s to 2010-ish doctors were incentivize to push drugs up-to Percocet without a lot of oversight.  (Oxy’s were monitored much closer).
Now we’ll see where this goes. 

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 11:10:54 PM »
There is culpability on many fronts, not just chronic users.  In the 90’s to 2010-ish doctors were incentivize to push drugs up-to Percocet without a lot of oversight.  (Oxy’s were monitored much closer).
Now we’ll see where this goes.

I agree. Many of the drug companies did try and push drug sales to doctors, for the sake of profit. And some doctors simply were willing to write prescriptions without any regards to the welfare of the patient. Now, IMO, there are two types of people that are addicted to opioids. The person that is taking them being prescribed by a doctor for a legitimate need for a high-powered pain medication, and those who are abusing them for strictly recreational purposes, with no need for them in the first place. So I see two sets of problems that need to be dealt with. I have been there and even under legitimate reasons, and under a doctor's care, using them as prescribed, they are addictive. So the first goup of users with an addiction I can understand, and sympathize with what they are going through. That's a rough road to be on. As mentioned, I have been there. I was lucky that with having family that saw there was problem with me using them and intervened, before it got really bad. But no everyone is as strong-willed as I am, or may be lucky enough to have family or friends that are able to see the problems the drugs are causing. These people need help. But there are many that have real need for some sort of painkillers. There is a balance that needs to be met in regards to them.

The second type of abusers, I have no sympathy or concern for. There are no secrets about what addictive drugs can do to people. children at the grade school level know about drugs and what they can do to a person. But, our bleeding heart liberals want to throw money at them to solve their problems. IMO, from what I have seen in the past, and from what I have read, even if you clean them up, within six months to a year, they are back on some sort of drug, even if it's not an opioid. Might be heroin, or crack or meth the next go round. Personally, I think most of them are a waste of good air and need to be taken out back and shot. I know that sounds a bit harsh, but these dopeheads make the choices they do, to use drugs.

Offline Ranger99

• Can Pass the CHL Test
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 02:02:15 PM »
just me-
i'm really glad to able to have access to inexpensive high grade
pain relieving drugs. (for when i really need them)
there's nothing worse than having to pay $5.00 + per pill for
any kind of medication.
the last few times i've been cut on would have been unbearable
without some pain help that didn't empty my wallet (since the
hospital had that angle covered )

as far as those who enjoy dulling their brains for recreational purposes,
i have no sympathy for them.
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible