Author Topic: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette  (Read 864 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
2020 Chevrolet Corvette
« on: July 19, 2019, 04:23:18 AM »
Well the new 2020 mid-engined Corvette is fixing to be out and on sale. Yea, or Nea?

Personally, I like the lines of the car, but it's nothing like a Corvette to me anymore. It looks nothing like a Corvette. I think they should have kept the Corvette as it was, and built the "new" Corvette with it's mid-engine lyout, and came up with a new name.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-sports/the-mid-engined-2020-chevy-corvette-is-here/ar-AAExlwj?ocid=spartanntp
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 06:11:00 AM »
Well seeing as I have no need to compensate for anything as I am not afflicted with SPS I will pass on the Vette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 06:52:04 AM »
I do like my sports cars (5 BMWs and 3 Porsches - but none from the last one on) this "looks" ok to me but I've never been a corvette person

there was a short clip on the news yesterday that showed it running around (on the streets of NY I think) - had it painted up in a drab "cammo" paint job (for some reason)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:49:25 AM »
We had a 2009. Incredible car for the highway. 

(The very kind AZ DPS trooper even said so.)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 10:02:40 AM »
I think it looks pretty cool. The current version of the Vette is my favorite up to now. This new one looks awesome, though

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:05:12 PM »
Have owned and driven several vettes (newest was a late 80s model) and other than the 71 454 car dad had they were all rather unimpressive.

A buddy who has since passed had a 12 I believe it was good performer but really impractical for all but fun.

My Mustang is impractical enough and also fun enough to curb my performance itch.

Never have been much for GM products.

Was the only kid in my HS in late 70s driving a 67 Mustang sports roof aka fastback.

Funny I took 5 gurls to school every morning.

Lots of other guys in slomaros were all alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »
Have had three Corvettes in my life and will there will probably be another. On the last two I ditched the stock wheels and tires, added a cold air intake, Borla exhaust and reprogram the ECU. I'm lucky my brother, gone three years now, was a whiz at such things.
In 2011 I traded my '03 Vette for a triple black 09 Ford GT 500 Shelby Cobra ragtop. No modifications needed on that bad boy. Pure beast.
Hoping that the new mid engine Vette will be popular and the market gets flooded with gently used, low mileage C7 Corvettes.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »
Hoping that the new mid engine Vette will be popular and the market gets flooded with gently used, low mileage C7 Corvettes.
EXCELLENT STRATEGY Alte!

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »
I have only owned one Corvette. The 1981 that my first wife convinced me we needed. It got driven a little on weekends and went on a few short trips, and one to Galveston and back, that convinced me it needed to be sold or traded. Rest of the time it spent in the garage covered up. Yeah, it was fast, it handled and braked quite well, but I really hated that car for some reason. Might have been that it was just so uncomfortable to drive.

We kept it for less than a year, sold it for more than I paid for to someone who thought, she just had to have it! It was a beautiful Corvette, with a black exterior and red interior, T-Tops, CenterLine rims on it. The previous owner had hopped up the engine a bit, so it wasn't a slouch either. But it was just damned uncomfortable to drive or ride in for more than just short trips into town. I ended up after selling it buying a 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI. Now I really enjoyed that car.

I like the looks of the new Corvette, but looking at it, it doesn't speak to me and say it's a Corvette.

If I were going to buy a new muscle-car, it would be probably a Mustang, or a Challenger.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 08:48:50 PM »
Yeah, the '73 thru '88 Corvettes looked good but ran like crap due to new federally mandated emission control standards. Less than 200 HP in a large V8 "performance" engine is laughable. It took GM and the microprocessor about 15 years to figure out how to combine emission control, HP and performance.
Now you could get a late ''70s mid '80's Corvette for around 20K swap the stock engine for a 350 CI rate engine and you would have a nice cruiser for under 30K.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture