Author Topic: Dual barrel 8 shot .22 WMR Pistol  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Dual barrel 8 shot .22 WMR Pistol
« on: July 15, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Ammunition Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Dual barrel 8 shot .22 WMR Pistol
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »
one ooooogly lookin' pistol - no desire to see one, let alone shoot one
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 06:53:19 PM »
$369 is a bit more than I'm interested in.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 08:16:15 PM »
$369 is a bit more than I'm interested in.
That's MSRP I bet it's closer to $325 after the usual mark down. Still wouldn't though. I mean you have to use two fingers to pull the bang switch. I like innovative firearms but this appears a little too innovative. Remember the Taurus Curve? Do you know anyone that has one? I don't and haven't even seen one in the wild.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:32:54 PM »
It's interesting to say the least. Personally, for myself I don't see a need for one.

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »
I can get a lot of ammo for $300. 

Offline randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »
I wonder what single round of ammo would have the equivalent energy/stopping power of 2 simultaneous .22 WMR rounds. Ought to be greater than a 9mm?

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline AdioSS

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
    • VEPR.org
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 03:17:18 AM »
Interesting but probably not. Would like to shoot one though.
Agreed
Cheston

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:43 PM »

Needs to have a 22LR cylinder for a change of pace.
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Offline randyjaco

• 7 Yard Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
That double barrel .22 may not be such a dumb idea after all :th_thicon_idea:
Someone more knowledgable than me ought to check this out, but from my Internet search those two .22 WMR have more energy than a .45 auto.

I just picked the highest energy number for each:
22 WMR  322         X  2  = 644 ftlbs
9mm Luger                    = 455
.45 auto                        = 587

Comments?
Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »
When it comes to firearms and bourbon I always leave my options open. I like the .22 Magnum and have a PMR 30 and a CMR 30 in that caliber. I did have a Ruger LCR in .22 WMR but found it to snappy for accurate follow up shots.
I have two military ammo cans full of .22 WMR in various grains and brands. Probably close to 2,000 rounds. I am wary of .22 WMR in light weight pistols though. I'll be bugging my LGS to get one these for a range rental.
I never say never.   
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »
I think you just said never.  Kinda like "All generalizations are faulty."
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
 :thinker:
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 03:55:08 PM »
Loaded with some 22 Mag "shot-shells" it would be pretty handy for getting rid of snakes. Maybe.

Online DCD327

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 08:59:53 PM »
While I've always been a 22mag fan and use it alot,, this brain/fart/storm don't interest me in the least.

22 mag has always been underestimated Imo.

It has more penetration in gel than a .38.

Is extremely fast, flat, and accurate to 250 yards.

It was used on our family farm back since about design time in 1950.

They always used it for cows and pigs to butcher.
 Since we were allowed to shoot deer for crop damage, and grew up eating venison. I have my grandpa's western auto 22 mag, that has likely killed more animals for food than all our high powered rifles put together.

Head shots are one and done, regardless of the  critters size.
 I bought the wife a LCR 22 mag for her 1st carry gun. It was perfect. Point and pull, no muss or fuss. East to use, load, clean. No brainer for a newbie.

Even after she graduated to a CZ Rami 9mm, she refused to give up the Lcr. Which was fine by me.

I've said before, years ago I seen a big guy charging another to attack get shot in the chest with a 22 mag derringer. It dropped him like a bad habit. He was done, right now. It actually stopped his forward momentum. And he layed there and bawled like a baby until EMS showed up. I seen him over a month later, and he was still gimping around.  I think it taught the azzhole some manners,, cause he sure deserved it.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline mesinge2

• Single Stage Reloader
  • NRA Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Safe Direction Firearms Instruction
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 12:58:33 PM »
I could see myself buy one just because it's so weird
1911 and Revolver aficionado
NRA Certified Instructor
Αναμονή για την αποκάλυψη ζόμπι

http://www.safedirection.org/

Offline Kamclorry

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
Dual barrel 8 shot 22 WMR Pistol
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 02:44:02 PM »
EDC in the nice part of town:  .38 revolver, 5 shot, 2" barrel
EDC in bad part of town:  .357 revolver, 5 shot, 2" barrel
Night stand:  .357 revolver, 6 shot, 6" barrel
Car:  full size 9mm
Property:  12 gauge pump, 28" barrel
Deep wilderness:  12 gauge pump, 18" barrel with pistol grip

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
Re: Dual barrel 8 shot 22 WMR Pistol
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 08:47:54 AM »

Not to nitpick your choice of hardware, but many of the reports I've seen over the years on the loudness of muzzle blasts all consistently rank .357-type handguns as some of the loudest out there, even when compared against rifles and shotguns (big-bore rifles and SBR's among other things being the obvious exceptions). You're also going to be using it indoors, which is going to make the effect that much worse.

I sure hope you have a set of ear muffs on that night stand for you and your significant other, because that thing is going to make it instantaneously impossible to tell if an intruder is dead, wounded, gone, regrouping for a counter-attack, or anything else for that matter, once you blow your ear-drums out with it after the first shot.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 12:37:59 PM »

Not to nitpick your choice of hardware, but many of the reports I've seen over the years on the loudness of muzzle blasts all consistently rank .357-type handguns as some of the loudest out there, even when compared against rifles and shotguns (big-bore rifles and SBR's among other things being the obvious exceptions). You're also going to be using it indoors, which is going to make the effect that much worse.

I sure hope you have a set of ear muffs on that night stand for you and your significant other, because that thing is going to make it instantaneously impossible to tell if an intruder is dead, wounded, gone, regrouping for a counter-attack, or anything else for that matter, once you blow your ear-drums out with it after the first shot.

In all fairness, I sometimes keep a ported barrel 44 Magnum as a nightstand gun. Yes, very, very loud! IF, on the very remote off-chance that intruder broke in, any hearing loss that occurred using that pistol, I would sacrifice if the outcome led to the survival of myself and my loved ones.

I also think that under such conditions, that with the stress and the adrenaline flowing, I doubt a person in that situation is going to notice any hearing loss. I would guess that it occurred, but not noticed.

Offline Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 07:58:36 PM »
any hearing loss that occurred using that pistol, I would sacrifice if the outcome led to the survival of myself and my loved ones.

Whether you're prepared to lose your hearing or not doesn't mean anything to me; I'm referring to the fact that your hearing will literally be shot before the potential end of the confrontation, which drastically lessens both his/your ability and that of your wife's ability to function in the immediate, NOT the long-term, post-shooting time period. How are you supposed to hear the 911 operator over the phone, if you can't actually hear the phone?

"How long 'til the police get here?!"
"I don't know!"
"Hasn't the phone connected?!"
"It SAYS it has, but I can't hear them!"

Or again, how can you tell there aren't more scumbags inside the house determined to leave no witnesses, or that the police aren't there ready to come in? After a certain point, I would sure hope either your hearing comes back or you have the good sense to put the gun on the floor or something, because once the police DO show up, it's going to create problems if they see a guy running around failing to respond to commands to drop his weapon.

That sounds -- no pun intended -- like the bigger issue here. :U

(Only reason I ask is because I knew somebody who once boogered an AR pistol round through the ceiling of his bedroom. He specifically said his mom nearly died of fright because she kept screaming at him from another room in the house, calling to see if he was okay, and he had no idea she was even saying anything because of the ringing in his ears.)