Author Topic: The Gun Guy, Testing Cops With Open Carry.  (Read 646 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
The Gun Guy, Testing Cops With Open Carry.
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:11:44 PM »
Watch this video and tell me your thoughts and opinions on the video.

I will add my own later on.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: The Gun Guy, Testing Cops With Open Carry.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:28:24 PM »
For the record, I advocate and endorse the right to open carry. It should be the option or choice of the person carrying. Now with that said, I personally prefer concealed carry. Not in any way a slight or condemnation of those that choose to open carry, just my personal preference for myself. I do believe that if one decides to open carry, that common sense and some thought needs to be applied if one goes that option. I believe there is time and place for it, but in some situations, even though it's legal, that it might not be the best or wisest choice of carrying methods.

In this video, I think the officers acted very professionally in dealing with the situation. I think they acted appropriately in the way they handled the call. Personally, I think the guy doing the filming was an idiot looking for a reaction and he got it. This situation could have gone very badly for all involved in the incident. The officers exercised very good restraint and were very professional in their behavior.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: The Gun Guy, Testing Cops With Open Carry.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
Bump!  :wave1:

I will add this to the discussion. It does, IMO seem that many who do open carry are looking for attention of some sort. Some might look for attention of a more benign nature, as in the sense of opening a conversation about guns or carrying for SD. Some, which I would put out therer on the outer fringes, are simply looking for attention, good or bad that open carrying brings them. These open carriers may say they are trying to promote gun rights, (and in their feeble minds, that may be true.) but in the larger picture, and in real context, they often promote a negative viewpoint in the public's eye's and opinion's.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.