Author Topic: ..I'm very interested in this particular car..  (Read 950 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
..I'm very interested in this particular car..
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »
have owned 2 BMW 850s in the past - a '91 850I and a '93Ci - they're not a car that'll break and acceleration records but they are true GT cars, the 5.4L V12 is a smooth running outstanding engine - I've driven both from Tejas to the west coast and back (bought the '93Ci from a dealer in Las Vegas and drove it home from there) - during the years that these were built '90-'99) BMW also produced a V8 version, the 840 (4 liter V8)

the example in the below advert might be worth my while at which to take a closer look

https://www.kunibmw.com/used/BMW/1996-BMW-8+Series-for-sale-beaverton-or-f5afaa500a0d0cc77a9fc98fcbb69355.htm
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: ..I'm very interested in this particular car..
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
Always liked that style beamer.
Other than its from WA/OR so rust may be an issue. If thise cars are your thing cant see what harm a closer look see would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 01:21:52 PM »
Hard to beat a BMW, unless you get a Mercedes Benz. Both are well engineered and well built vehicles. With proper care, they practically last forever.

The biggest concern I have with them is the initial investment.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »

Hard to beat a BMW, unless you get a Mercedes Benz

The biggest concern I have with them is the initial investment.

never had, nor lusted after a Mercedes - I'm sure they're good cars (but they've just come out with a cheapie little car - BMW did also   :frown:

initial expense isn't all that bad for these cars but the upkeep will just about put ya in the poor house (even the tires - a set will run around $2k, gulp and they come with NO SPARE ! )

I've had a 325Ic convertible, an M6, two 850s and a M5 - also a Porsche guy - have owned 3 of those :  a 356, 912 and a 911 - also good cars
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Txhillbilly

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 12:14:03 AM »
Buying a used European luxury car is a smart choice since most loose over 50% of their value in the first 5 years,but maintaining them will make up for the savings of buying them. They are a pain in the butt to work on,and the parts aren't cheap.