Author Topic: Heat Advisory!  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Advisory!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 06:29:17 AM »
thing is, rain or shine, cold or heat, the work has to get done - gotta stay ahead of it and if not there's no catching up - so.....hi ho, hi ho..it's off to work I go..
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 01:35:44 PM »
thing is, rain or shine, cold or heat, the work has to get done - gotta stay ahead of it and if not there's no catching up - so.....hi ho, hi ho..it's off to work I go..

Same here. Things have to be done regardless, or as you say, they get ahead of you. Like mowing. Grass is going to need cutting again in a couple of days because of the saturated ground and the continued rain. The taller it gets, the longer it takes to mow and the harder it is on the mowers.

Offline theblakester

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
Heat Advisory!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 11:14:02 PM »
Itís been a nice mid 70s to mid 80s here in the Houston area, Iíve had 6.5 inches of rain the last 3 days.
{REMOVED}

Mid 70s my ass!  Itís easily in the 90s after 10am and before 8pm and heat indexes are easily over 100 every day. I live in Houston and do physical work outside covered in FR clothing, keeping an eye on the weather everyday #lightcompany.  Itís HOT..  and humid. Summer is here.  A bit of shade and a breeze are a blessing in this heat.  for every Gatorade you drink, you should be drinking 3x the amount of water at least.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***Edited by the admin due to language.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:28:23 AM by Shipwreck »

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »
Please watch your language and follow the forum rules posted here: http://www.texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=1495.0

Thanks. Much appreciated  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »
thank "you" - much appreciated.....

after yesterday's working in the heat I felt that it made me feel a little "not so well" for the rest of the day and thru the night.....so, I've decided that today will be, somewhat, a day of rest

got a Culligan man coming to check our whole house softening system (I suspect it's not working correctly) and once he gets that taken care of I'll have him change the filters on the under-sink RO unit

then

if I feel like "doing something" I use the Spartan zero turn mower and mow the non-Pasture grass (and there's a lot to mow) - that's usually my Wife's "I wanna do that" job but she's in Denver, attending a 2 day recurrent ground school (to get re-qualified for her employment as a united airlines flight attendant)  she's been "off" as a result of Achilles Tendon surgery and has to go thru the "process" (actually I think she's anxious to start flying Sydney, Au trips again..)

so, today I'm cooling my wheels - literally 

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 09:49:28 AM »
I'm taking it easy as well Tango! One of the drive belts on the riding mower broke last week. Mowed the front yard and part of the back yard with the push mower. (Not fun at all!) Went Saturday morning and picked up a new drive belt. Mine has two drive belts, and I had already replace the upper drive belt about a month ago. Thought it was going to be easy deal to replace the other one. Nope! Started about 11 am, and finally finished up about 4:30 pm. Ended up having to replace one of the bearings in the drive belt system as well. Might be why the belt broke. Got finished and made one pass around the house, and the deck belt for the blades broke on me!  :bangheadonwall: :help:

If I was still a drinking man, I have gotten drunk! The wife knew I was angry with the mower after spending all day working in it so I could mow, so she stopped off at the store and got me a six pack of Corona's. But I had sweated so much, that I knew even drinking one would probably make me sicker than a dog, so I passed on the beer.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
well I did get out on the Spartan and mowed most everything that requires that mower (it really is a nice mower !)  just need, sometime, to get into the "corners" that can't be reached, with the weedeater (again....."sometime")

dumped the old water outta the water trough that's set up for the Boys in their new Pasture and filled with fresh, cool water - next I've gotta drain their Barn's water trough, scrub it and refill that one

pic below shows the Spartan zero turn mower doing poop detail with the little trailer at our previous place - the Wife just loves to mow with this mower.....there's a air or hydraulic dampened seat available that I think I'm gonna get - as a gift to the Wife

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2019, 07:06:16 PM »
well I did get out on the Spartan and mowed most everything that requires that mower (it really is a nice mower !)  just need, sometime, to get into the "corners" that can't be reached, with the weedeater (again....."sometime")

dumped the old water outta the water trough that's set up for the Boys in their new Pasture and filled with fresh, cool water - next I've gotta drain their Barn's water trough, scrub it and refill that one

pic below shows the Spartan zero turn mower doing poop detail with the little trailer at our previous place - the Wife just loves to mow with this mower.....there's a air or hydraulic dampened seat available that I think I'm gonna get - as a gift to the Wife

I got a trailer just like your red one only mine is gray and is about 20 years old and needs a paint job. LOL

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 12:04:44 AM »
We are under a "heat advisory" for the next two days here. Meaning that our heat index will be between 105 and 110 degrees for at least two days. Warnings of keeping hydrated, staying out of hte sun as much as possible, and to watch out for heat exhaustion and heat stroke.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 06:07:36 AM »

I got a trailer just like your red one only mine is gray and is about 20 years old and needs a paint job. LOL

we got that little trailer when we bought our Cub Cadet, years ago and it's still doing duty for us - we use it to carry tools, wood screws, equipment (cold water) along the line when building fence.....and tho I "tossed" the cutting deck of the Cub Cadet about a year ago we still use it as the "prime mover" for the red trailer

also use the CC and it's trailer to run down to the mailbox and to carry garbage cans to the road for pick-up

have a larger, black trailer that hooks-up to the JD Gator for poop detail and carrying fallen tree branches and sticks - gotta have the right tools for the job (actually have 4 trailers - each has a specific "job"

and, as most of us know, there are tools and equipment that are "nice" to have and then stuff that's "essential" to have

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »
Here in Anderson County, we are under a Heat Advisory for the next three days. Temps in the mid 90's with a heat index of between 105 to 110 degrees. I'm going to slack off just a bit for a couple of days. I mowed yesterday some and even drinking lots of water I was still getting heat cramps pretty bad.

Be careful out there guys if you're working in the heat. It can sneak up on you.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 08:04:55 PM »
I have a suspicion this is going to be one hot and humid summer here in East Texas this year.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2020, 11:11:25 AM »
I have a suspicion this is going to be one hot and humid summer here in East Texas this year.

Sho nuff!!!  :help:

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2020, 12:19:01 PM »
Bring it on. Fry this virus out of existence.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2020, 02:30:02 PM »
Sing it Brothers!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2020, 06:19:02 AM »
Looking forward to some nice hot humid south central Texas weather for oh lets say next 7-8 months.

BRING IT ON.

LOVE IT.

In the words of Vin Diesel:

I live for this.!

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2020, 06:39:42 AM »
Looking forward to some nice hot humid south central Texas weather for oh lets say next 7-8 months.

BRING IT ON.

LOVE IT.

I live for this.!

Well you're just a glutton for punishment!  :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2020, 06:46:22 AM »

BRING IT ON.

LOVE IT.

I live for this.!

No Not really
I hate cold grew in new england (VT)til 76 adjusted to the TX heat now and well I can always cool off in the pool river lake or even AC.

I CAN NOT put enough shit on to be warm when its 18deg out and still function.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2020, 01:51:23 PM »

BRING IT ON.

LOVE IT.

I live for this.!

No Not really
I hate cold grew in new england (VT)til 76 adjusted to the TX heat now and well I can always cool off in the pool river lake or even AC.

I hear ya Shield! Just razzing ya!  :th_thicon_idea:

Hot and humid weather, I just move much slower and it takes me longer to get things done. I have had heat exhaustion a couple of times and it ain't fun. But cold weather in East Texas is miserable cold to me.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2020, 05:41:04 PM »

BRING IT ON.

LOVE IT.

I live for this.!

No Not really

I hear ya Shield! Just razzing ya!  :th_thicon_idea:

Hot and humid weather, I just move much slower and it takes me longer to get things done. I have had heat exhaustion a couple of times and it ain't fun. But cold weather in East Texas is miserable cold to me.
Same here Axxe.
Cold (below like 50) to me is miserable. Heat is well miserable to however pace ones self fluids etc.
I have also had the HS aint no fun fo sho.