Author Topic: ..soccer..  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
..soccer..
« on: June 25, 2019, 08:25:21 AM »
just a comment and my opinion :     I have zero ( 0 ) interest in soccer.....and I have double zero ( 00 ) interest in women's soccer.....now these ladies (?) are using this international competition as a venue to push for a "pay increase".....disgusting !

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline TXAZ

• Uses Solvent For Toothpaste
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: ..soccer..
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
I'm not a big soccer fan either but I'm all for a free and fair market.  If women in the sport want more money, great, 'make the spectacle worth what you want'.    Part of the problem with women's sports is that (short of female mud wrestling :)  ) most men are not as interested in women's ______ vs. men's ______.

Further, it doesn't appear that women are as enthusiastic about 'women's sports' than men are interested in 'just sports'. 

Finally, people who make comments like 'women's sports deserve a pay increase' need to look at the basic cash flow of any business or sports.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:32:34 AM »
I'd rather watch a tiddly-winks competition than soccer!  :th_thicon_lol:

Honestly, I have never watched a soccer game live, or on TV, men's, or women's soccer.

But I'm all for free enterprise, and capitalism. If they think they can get the public interested enough to generate larger increases into people watching, and get bigger pay cuts. more power to them.

But on the other hand, is it about soccer and love of the game they are being payed to play, or equality, or about just the money? Those seem like relevant questions one needs to ask though. I'm sure like any other sport, men's or women's, that many would play for little or nothing just to play professionally in something the are good at, and enjoy. I have to agree with TXAZ, men are are more apt to watch sports in general than most women. And men, will more than likely watch other men play, than watch the same game with women playing it. (Except for mud-wrestling and lingerie football!) So if women want more money to play, they need to get more people watching. That is what drives the money in sports, viewership, and advertisers when it's being broadcasted. And is this about just money? Seriously?

Offline TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 12:16:26 PM »

... (Except for mud-wrestling and lingerie football!) ...

Dammmmm, I missed that one! But I just googled it and it looks like a flop (pun intended).

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »

... (Except for mud-wrestling and lingerie football!) ...

Dammmmm, I missed that one! But I just googled it and it looks like a flop (pun intended).

Football is not the main attraction of that sport, if you get my drift!  :wave1:

Offline Ranger99

• Can Pass the CHL Test
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 02:32:17 PM »
i played soccer when i was a kid in gym class many years
ago. of course, they didn't have soccer teams at school back
then. there was pretty much zero interest back then.
we did have a soccer team local, the dallas tornadoes, but
i think it was pretty much like the dallas basketball team,
the dallas chaparrals, and the dallas hockey team the dallas
blackhawks.

i'm not much on "sports" anyway.
maybe if there was something like women's nude gymnastics,
or competitive lingerie modeling, something similar maybe
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
Then you have members of the USA team who refuse to respect the anthem as a protest toward higher pay.
IMO she should be booted off the team.

And like Tango soccer is about as interesting to me as watching paint dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TXAZ

• أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 10:10:27 PM »
Then you have members of the USA team who refuse to respect the anthem as a protest toward higher pay.
IMO she should be booted off the team.

Na, just quit providing public funds and watch them cry then snap back in line.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 10:31:54 PM »
Well, what can we say about her refusal to sing the National Anthem? Her inspiration? Kap!  :thumbsdown:

Does she think such behavior is going to win over hearts and minds to wanting a bigger cut of the pie?  :th_nuts:

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
..soccer..
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 06:05:30 AM »
I just find it hypocritical you play for your country. You want to garner equal pay to men doing the same. Yet you disrespect the flag and anthem of the country that allows you to play a sport and make money doing it.

Just one of those shake your head moments.

Personally I feel like olympians they should NOT get paid anyway.

We have a team here in SA in the whatever the heck the soccer league is called. Stadium they play in is less than 10 min from my house and I have 0 interest in attending. EVAH.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:11:22 AM by Shield45 »

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 06:42:40 AM »
was curious about this, uh, female (?) who's doing the protest thing while supposedly representing her Country at this dyke get-together in france :

seems that megan rapinoe was the 1st white athlete to "take a knee" back in 2016 (in support of ker-pet-nick) at the playing of our National Anthem

she's got a gal-pal "partner" by the name of sue bird (who wudda guessed - shakes head, rolls eyes  :th_nuts:)

born in redding, kalifornia and attended the uni of Portland (another.....who wudda guessed)

where do these scumbags come from (in this case.....kalifornia)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
was curious about this, uh, female (?) who's doing the protest thing while supposedly representing her Country at this dyke get-together in france :

seems that megan rapinoe was the 1st white athlete to "take a knee" back in 2016 (in support of ker-pet-nick) at the playing of our National Anthem

she's got a gal-pal "partner" by the name of sue bird (who wudda guessed - shakes head, rolls eyes  :th_nuts:)

born in redding, kalifornia and attended the uni of Portland (another.....who wudda guessed)

where do these scumbags come from (in this case.....kalifornia)
Put her on the N Korean team and let her kneel when the supreme leaders theme song is played. SHE and all the others who disrespect the anthem and flag of the country and those who have fought to allow you the ability to play a sport and also exercise your opinion.

Once they experience the inability to do so they might have a little more respect for these things.

Then again the might just be confused california lesbians and beyond all hope of any type.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 01:21:02 PM »
Part of what it does anger me so much, is that good men and women fought, bled, and died fro them to be able to do what they are doing.

I read an article about Megan Rapinoe a couple of weeks ago about what she is doing what she is doing. I understand that there are injustices and wrongs in this country that need to be corrected, and I totally agree, but to disrespect those that give us the rights and freedoms to voice disagreement, and give us the opportunities to right those wrongs, is not the proper way to go about making a change for the better.

Our country is far from perfect, but it's still the greatest country in the world. I will always stand and honor our flag, and show it the respect it deserves, and honor and respect every man and woman that fought and died for that flag, and what they represent, our rights and freedoms.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/the-surprising-mistakes-people-make-during-the-national-anthem/ar-BBPnF0W?ocid=spartandhp
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:50:06 PM by Axxe55 »