Author Topic: What's a handgun you always wanted, but just never got around to getting?  (Read 457 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Could be any brand...

What's a handgun you always kinda wanted... Or has always been on your "list" - but you just never get around to getting???

(something realistic that you COULD actually buy if you wanted)

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Currently, none.

I wanted to try a Desert Eagle in .44, so I bought one. 

Tightest groups I've ever had at 25 yards

But heavy as heck and it's not as forgiving of all ammo. 
Once I figured out it liked Winchester White Box .44 Mag rounds, it went much smoother.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
(not within the parameters of the threads topic.....but)

same as TXAZ - always wanted a Luger, so I bought my "never will shoot it" collectible - a P06 model, built in 1912, 7.65mm (.30cal)

then, decided I wanted a "shooter", so I bought a P08 model, built in 1938 (my birth year), 9mm (original, all numbers matching).....(don't have a pic)

nothing that I want now

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
Mk23

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Mk23
Great choice Tarosean.
2" group at 25 yards is an impressive pistol.

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
1911 platform in 38 Super. That one, is actually on the list and in the near future will be built. I think I started a thread about it a couple of months ago. Plus a Glock or CZ in 10mm is on my list. Browning Hi-Power, was on my list before they discontinued them. Now they are probably going to sky-rocket in price.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Handgun dont really have a got to have it one. As I have most of the HGs I want other than an new SW MP 2.0 40cal compact
And possibly a 357 snubby revolver IE SW bodyguard with a laser.

On another note only one long gun on the list
Ruger model 77 BAR in 357 mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
.. Browning Hi-Power, was on my list before they discontinued them. ..

have one, in 9mm - always thought another in .40cal would be nifty (but not nifty enough to buy one)

Nighthawk custom is actually building them now - and yes, they are pricy (starting around $3200)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
 Early 50's model Ruger MK 1 5 1/2 inch barrel .22 LR. Use to be friend had one years ago and it was just nails. See them for sale from time to time but always put it off for one reason or another. Really need to act on it as they have been steadily increasing in price.
I also want a pinned S&W Model 19. Every one I have seen over the last 10 or so years had condition issues,  priced to high or a combination of both.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:38:50 PM by Alte Schule »
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
Some years ago, I did finally buy a Ruger Mk III 22/45. I had always wanted one of those Rugers, but just never did buy one. The one I'd really like to add to the collection is the Ruger Mk II with the 9" barrel. They aren't rare, but not common either. The show up for sale occasionally, but those too have gotten a little expensive now.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Five years ago I bought this Mark IV with rosewood grips at a pawnshop in Austin for $375. I really liked it but I just never really "bonded" with it. Looked good, super accurate, but I don't know. I just lost interest in it. Brought it along for a meet and shoot with my cousin and his friends in Illinois. I sold it for $475 while I was there.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
I think it was eight or nine years ago, a gun store in town had a package deal of a Ruger New Vaquero, and a Henry "Mare's Leg", both in 45 Colt for about $1400 IIRC. I usually went in there about once a week and browsed the used guns to see what deals I could find, and for about a month, I would look at, (actually fondle!) both of those trying to decide or convince myself I needed them. I even tried to tell myself that IF I did buy them, maybe I might get into the "cowboy shooting" competition or something similar. (which I knew I'd never really do!) I came really close, and the salesman kept trying sweeten the deal with various other things like a holster, belt, ammo and other various accessories. But I knew realistically, I really didn't have any "need" for the guns, that they were just novelties, and I'd probably lose interest in them pretty soon, so I just never did buy them. Even though it was pretty sweet price for both, it was still huge chunk of change for me to spend on novelty guns.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
Since I  got my Python a couple months ago, the only guns left on my list arean original  Dan Wesson Pistol Pak and a Colt SAA old enough to have the FP an the hammer.
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
What I'd really want, but can never afford, is a LNIB S&W Md 27 with a 3.5" barrel.  I've seen them at gun shows and at the National Firearms Museum at the NRA Headquarters.  I have owned a couple Md 28s, a 4" and 6" and sold them both because of their weight and 6 round limitations.  But a Md 27, so shinny and soo pretty.  I'd never shoot it, at least not much.
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
I could say that I would love another Ed Brown. But, being realistic... I do not have the money.

I WOULD like one of the 4" EMP Springfield 9mms, though.

And, I'd love another Five Seven handgun.