Author Topic: I broke down and bought a Springfield 911 Alpha .380acp plain jane at GB  (Read 224 times)

Offline cporfe

• Military
  • Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
I bought the plain jane 911 for $345 shipping.  Its a new gun and it was the lowest price I found,  Keely firearms on-line had it a $339 with free shipping but they didn't have my preferred FFL on file and I couldn't finish my order unless I picked one of theirs.

If worked out because I found out the next day that I could upload an FFL for this purchase but the price went up $30 overnight! 

So off to GB.  I talked to my LGS guy here in Austin and he's closing the shop tomorrow for unknown length of time.  But he'll be there between normal deliver times to get deliveries.  He's been going a mile a minute selling just about anything related to 9mm, a few .380s, and all his AR models.  He mostly has used/consignments on hand. 

I didn't realize how bad things were until I stopped by Academy and found the ammo shelves just about empty and the handgun displays nearly devoid of anything in 9mm.

Looks like it'll take awhile to get this new gun and go to the range with it.  I did buy 2 7 round mags from Springfield.  Everyone else was out of those.

Glad I have enough TP and freeze dried food!!!
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
I think part of the problem might be that some of the Non essential items are being delayed in shipping as well. 

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
When I was looking for another .380 last year I considered the Alpha. The $350 price range was very attractive but as I am a notoriously bad shot with small frame 1911's, and 1911's in general, I passed.

Ended up buying a Shield EZ for $260 and have been very happy with it.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline cporfe

• Military
  • Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
I love my Shield EZ and carry it often.  I like the concept so much I bought a 9mm EZ but haven't been able to shoot it yet.  The Springfield 911 was more for have it than carry it. 
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!