Author Topic: Sigs and slide stop lever  (Read 136 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Sigs and slide stop lever
« on: June 11, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
Is it just me, or anyone else ever get driven nuts by the location of the Sig slide stop lever?

It is too far back. I own no Sigs now, but I have owned 7 or 8 of them over the years. It takes a LOT of effort for me to not hit it as I shoot. Then, when the mag is empty, the slide doesn't lock back because of it.

I am fine shooting 1 handed, but this is always a problem for me when shooting with 2 hands. I've kinda just given up on it and accepted the fact whenever I shoot a Sig. You do not usually see other brands mount that lever quite so far to the rear.

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: Sigs and slide stop lever
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »
I haven't owned a Sig Sauer in many years now, but I can't recall that being a problem. The only one I have now, that is close is my old Astra A100, which for all intents, is copy of the Sig Sauer P226. I have had the pistol since about 1995 or 1996 or so. I bought it used in 9mm for a really great price at the time. I even use to carry it years ago. It's downfall is that it's a very heavy pistol! Might even be heavier than some of my 1911's! One thing i did like was having 17 rounds of ammo in the magazine.

Sad to say, I have several times over the years thought about selling it and getting something else, maybe a little lighter in 9mm to replace it, but every time I do, I always end up backing out and keeping it. For some reason, I know I would regret selling it, even though I very seldom ever shoot it anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P226#P228

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_A-100
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
not a problem with my 938 ..... (?????)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »
not a problem with my 938 ..... (?????)

I've never shot one of those. I was referring to the 220/224/226/228/229/M11A1, etc. If I remember right, same issue with the Sig Pro.