Author Topic: A rare find  (Read 163 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
A rare find
« on: June 07, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »
Forgot to put up a photo when I bought this a couple of weeks ago. Model 57 N Frame S&W .41 Magnum. It's absolutely flawless. Just pristine. Not saying it's realrare but you just don't see them that much especially in this condition. Last time I saw one just like this was at a show two years ago. It had a $1500 price tag. I paid far less than that.
A little history from Wikipedia:
In the early 1960s, Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, and Skeeter Skelton, all noted firearms authorities and authors, lobbied Remington Arms and Smith & Wesson to introduce a new .41 caliber police cartridge with the objective of filling a perceived ballistic performance gap between the .357 and .44 Magnums, thus creating a chambering which they believed would be the ultimate for law enforcement purposes.[1] In April 1964 Remington responded by introducing the .41 Magnum cartridge, and in concert, Smith & Wesson launched the Model 57 revolver chambered for the new ammunition.[1] Elmer Keith originally proposed the name ".41 Police" for the new cartridge, but Remington instead chose .41 Magnum, hoping to capitalize on the notoriety and popularity of its earlier Magnum offerings.[1]
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: A rare find
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »
nice lookin' pistol - looks like somethin' Clyde Barrow wudda liked.....
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 09:33:20 PM »
Wow Alte!  :th_thicon_idea:

That is nice indeed. It's a shame the 41 Magnum never reached the same popularity that the 357 and the 44 did, since it's a great round.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 09:43:30 PM »
Very cool!