Author Topic: Venting...  (Read 504 times)

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Venting...
« on: June 05, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
My life is good, in reality blessed+.  But today has been a really crappy day.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: Venting...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 06:03:46 PM »
Some days are diamonds, some days are coal. We all have crappy days occasionally. It makes us appreciate the good days and the good times.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:30:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Hope every one is in good health.
My day started out pretty crappy with six plus inches of rain overnight. Neighbor had it worse than i did. Water in the house, trauma ER nurse, single mother w/one kid. I take care of her front lawn but like me, she doesn't have much of a lawn left. Offered to help removing carpet or whatever but her insurance is taking care of that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:27:57 PM by Alte Schule »
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 07:55:59 PM »
Thanks Alte, my problems are pretty minor in comparison. (but still a crappy day :)  )

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 08:04:03 AM »
Some days are diamonds, some days are coal. We all have crappy days occasionally. It makes us appreciate the good days and the good times.

Absolutely, and thanks Axxe. 

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »
hopefully "things" are getting somewhat back to "ok" for ya     

more of an inconvenience for me, but, my story :     got notification that my 20' flatbed trailer is up for re-registration this month and it has to be "inspected" (8000lb+ carrying capacity), so a couple of weeks ago I go to the local RV dealership, who's service dept does inspections - it's a 2018 model and in perfect condition, so it "passes"

then, 2 days ago I go to the local Tax Office, inspection results and checkbook in hand only to find that the RV place gave me the Inspection Report of some other person's trailer

back to the RV place and they act like I'm a bad guy who's trying to pull something over on 'em (the guy who did the inspection still has a pic of my trailer on his phone, showing it's license plate) - push comes to shove and now I've gotta take the trailer back in to have it re-inspected

I wrestled the hooking and unhooking the other day and made 2 trips to the Lindale Lowe's to buy posts, 16' metal gates and redi-crete (still have the redi-crete on the trailer, covered with a tarp) - the inspection place only does inspections Tue, Wed, Thurs, from 2-4, if it's not raining

like I said, an inconvenience (also known as a pain in the ass) - not pushed for time as I've got 'till the end of June, but.....dontcha wish people would do their jobs better.....rhetorical
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 08:49:42 AM »
Is it different for Trailers . usually when you get to the Tax office ithe inspection is already in the system and no paperwork is needed. It sounds like the RV place is pulling a fast one not you .

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
- the inspection place only does inspections Tue, Wed, Thurs, from 2-4, if it's not raining

Any place that does inspections will be able to do your trailer.  I get both my 5th wheel RV and Utility trailer done at a car shop.

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 09:42:56 AM »
But today has been a really crappy day.

Wife saw the picture of the rifle on the bed didnt she..  :P :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 12:51:30 PM »
[quote author=Tarosean link=topic=18910.msg202416#msg202416 date=1559831008

Any place that does inspections will be able to do your trailer.  I get both my 5th wheel RV and Utility trailer done at a car shop.
[/quote]
yeah, I've already gone to this place and paid (the small amount) - I wanna make the jerks inspect it again.....next year I'll use somebody else

Offline Ranger99

• Owns a Gunbelt
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 01:16:48 PM »
. . .then, 2 days ago I go to the local Tax Office, inspection results and checkbook in hand only to find that the RV place gave me the Inspection Report of some other person's trailer. . . .

good luck with all that.
i think that it's a mandatory thing for them to eff up utility trailer registrations these days.
mine is listed as some odd ball configuration and weird GVW that isn't even close.
trying to fix it was more trouble and expense than the whole thing is worth, so i let it
slide and show them the photos and previous registrations from years past and just
get the tag and go.
i would imagine it's like other things that i've had to grit my teeth about as far as
inspections and registrations go.
you have the border jumpers in my area and similar areas to thank for totally
screwing up this state's registration and inspection and insurance laws and regs.
they seem to find a way around all the laws that get passed and get illicit stickers
and bogus insurance i.d.'s and such. i come to the local library as i am right now
to use the computer, and it's full every time of border jumpers printing up bogus
dealer car tags and bogus certifications of every kind imaginable. i 've seen them
print up phoney nursing certificates, mechanic certifications, dental assistant
certificates, insurance i.d.'s, you name it. got one next to me right now printing something.
if i complain or speak up, it automatically makes me a big racist/supremist/nazi
to the ptb
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 08:02:49 PM »
Thanks again gentlemen for the kind words. 
Was a bit stressed over my last day at work next week.

The plan is to teach high school physics :rocknroll2:, I'm about to enroll in a program that lets non-teachers to become certified in Texas, so we'll see how that works out.

Thanks again.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 11:29:17 PM »
Thanks again gentlemen for the kind words. 
Was a bit stressed over my last day at work next week.

The plan is to teach high school physics :rocknroll2:, I'm about to enroll in a program that lets non-teachers to become certified in Texas, so we'll see how that works out.

Thanks again.

Changing jobs can be stressful and create anxiety, even when staying within the same field, but I'm sure that for you, changing into a new direction as you are undertaking, creates even more stress, not knowing how things are going to turn out for you.

Well, all I can do is wish you good luck and blessings in your new endeavor, and I'm even a little envious of you as well. I think what you are doing is admirable and teaching is very noble profession IMO. A teacher can shape a young person's life and teaching them a skill that they can use to build a career, well is something wonderful IMO.

Congrats TXAZ, God Bless and best of luck sir.  :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 06:37:07 AM »
best of everything with your new endeavor

I did the same thing when I "gave up" 9 years of Army Service - knew the new direction that I wanted to go but was unsure if it was "gonna work"

turned out to be the best decision of my life - I'm sure this venture you've chosen will be successful also