Author Topic: How would you guys respond to this  (Read 992 times)

Offline cbp210

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Hits the Target
    • View Profile
How would you guys respond to this
« on: June 05, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »
Talk about fishing trip gone wrong and I cannot imagine being exposed to this scenario. I use lots of charters and would come across a scam artist or rude captain but this takes the lead. How would you guys respond to a drunk captain shooting off his gun and threatening you and other passengers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/passengers-captain-drank-beer-had-cocaine-and-fired-a-gun-during-nightmare-fishing-trip/ar-AACozgx?ocid=ientp

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: How would you guys respond to this
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:10:28 PM »
Shoot the captain, feed his carcass to the sharks, take his boat back to the harbor and file a missing person's report!  :wave1:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »
Hard to say if your unarmed. A rough road for sure especially if you have young ones with you. Letting it play out as it did was the best thing it seems.
I like the article below this one much better
https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/crime/sheriff-armed-carjacker-dead-after-being-confronted-by-gun-owner-in-parking-lot-near-publix/67-60b0ebcd-0d07-414d-8f30-517be506fe3f
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 05:48:19 PM »
Shoot the captain, feed his carcass to the sharks, take his boat back to the harbor and file a missing person's report!  :wave1:

Clearly the correct answer in the bayou. :th_thicon_idea:

Confronting someone you don't know how they react to coke and alcohol is more problematic.

30-40 miles offshore in the scenario given, I'd try to get on the radio (assumes the drunkard is roaming the boat) and give a Mayday on channel 16, the distress channel.  The Coast Guard's Rescue 21 direction finding system should pick up the call at that distance, and I'd expect the full force of federal law would come down on the guy.

But in the short term, until the cavalry arrives, you've got to do what you've got to do to survive.  Maybe that involves a heave-ho or swimming lesson on a rope...

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 05:54:22 PM »

Clearly the correct answer in the bayou. :th_thicon_idea:

Confronting someone you don't know how they react to coke and alcohol is more problematic.

30-40 miles offshore in the scenario given, I'd try to get on the radio (assumes the drunkard is roaming the boat) and give a Mayday on channel 16, the distress channel.  The Coast Guard's Rescue 21 direction finding system should pick up the call at that distance, and I'd expect the full force of federal law would come down on the guy.

But in the short term, until the cavalry arrives, you've got to do what you've got to do to survive.  Maybe that involves a heave-ho or swimming lesson on a rope...

well if we are on the bayou, then feed that dope-headed sum bucket to the gators!  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)