Author Topic: ..another Project..  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..another Project..
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »
Send some rain this way. Local weather guy says maybe a 30% chance before midnight.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
looks like it's finished here - got a solid 2" - yea !

Tyler radar shows it's headed south, so ya just might get some.....north of Waco but heaviest to Waco's west - good luck

was a great opportunity to do some cookin' today - got the "stuff" and made that pot of Chili (and Beans) and have all the other ingredients for the Chili Relleno Casserole - will also bake a Cake - haven't had any "sweets" in a while
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »
We could use a little rain here as well. We just don't need any gully-washing turd-floaters!  :bangheadonwall:

Looks like we might get some tomorrow according to the forecast.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »
all but finished with the latest "gate install" (and some old horizontal fence board replacement) - just have to secure with (a lot more) wood screws then stain

looks awkward in that the fence line goes "up" from left to right while the gate is set level but that can't be helped - now have another, easier access to the back pastures with the Tractor or other vehicles

lots of work, 'specially in this heat (dang IMGUR changed it's "how to use" !)

https://imgur.com/GZu5EAK

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2019, 10:47:52 PM »
Well it was a bit cloudy and a little breeze blowing earlier so I got out in the woods doing some brush clearing. But, at the time I started, no breeze at all!
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2019, 06:15:42 AM »
all new horizontal 2x6s secured with 4" wood screws into the posts (we build our fences with 4 horizontal treated 2x6s and then an additional treated "top board" 2x6) - most posts are treated 4x4s with the exception of the 2 for this new 13' steel stock gate, which are treated 6x6s (bigger because we're not putting a support wheel on the "swinging" end)

then yesterday I got out and stained (black barn and fence stain) the fence boards and posts on the left side of the gate (about 100 total feet of boards) on both sides - now have the same to do on the right side

sad however, is that our 1 remaining majestic Pecan tree lost one of it's main branches (the other was struck by lightning and was on it's death bed, so had it removed)- cudda been really bad 'cause that's one of the trees that our Boys stand under for shade - and there's a wooden fence running alongside the tree.....but the Boys are OK and so is the fence - just have to wait for the "professionals" to remove what's down as my chainsaw isn't beefie enough to do the job  :th_thicon_cry:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2019, 12:03:55 PM »
(using "imgbb" for the 1st time)

got the latest gate installed (#7 or #8), replaced some adjacent old fence boards and stained same - next my Wife want another wood fence put in - 240' long, five horizontal 2x6 up (sigh)

I now have access to the back Pastures from the house and from where I keep the Tractor - no more opening and closing a number of gates to get thru the Horse's Pastures   :th_thicon_idea:

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2019, 01:34:48 PM »
Another nice job.  :th_thicon_idea:  Glad the image hosting site is working for you.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
my Wife left for Sydney yesterday so I'm batchin' it.....got out early this morning and did a "bunch" of weedeating on the outside of one of the Pasture fences (now have to do the inside)

also used the walk-behind mower to get places that the zero-turn can't get to (close to the driveway curb and on slopes paralelling the curb and possibly running off the grass and hitting the cutting blades on the curb)

an a/c guy doing a repair at the neighbor's place - having him come to my residence after he's finished there - to check-out my 2 units.....this summer's heat has to give 'em a real workout !

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2019, 02:16:32 PM »
our cleaning gal was here this morning so (after doing my "pre-cleaning clean) I made myself scarce - hand watered my Wife's 42 new plants and trees - then, with the hose, watered all the plants she's got out on the deck of the cement pond

weed eating under more of the front Pasture fence and then washed the Gator (so she'll have a nice clean ride when she gets back from Sydney - then it started heating up outside so finished early to (but still got in 5 solid hours of work)

gonna ask her which is her favorite - the Gator or the Spartan zero turn (I know the answer.....she'll say "both equally")
- tho she's driven it she's sorta intimidated by the Tractor

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »
phew.....come on Fall !  After struggling by myself swapping implements on the Tractor yesterday I'm back out on the near and back Pastures, mowing Goat Weed.  Not only the heat but because it's SO dry the dust is really getting to me - went thru 2 handkerchiefs today - not only in the nose but the eyes and everywhere else - plus my 1 liter, 1/2 frozen/1/2 water had gotten, actually HOT

after about 4 1/2 hours I headed in - blow dried the Tractor then hosed it down - then headed for the cement pond - the Wife was finishing up with her stuff and joined me

this farm/ranchin' stuff is hard but I think I'm doin' pretty damned good (for a guy who's right at 81 years "young")

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
..another Project..
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2019, 06:32:02 PM »
Tango I feel ya.
You got 20 plus on me and it gets to me as well. Dont know how these folks that work out in it daily can hang.
Had my roof re done via ins due to wind/hail damage.
They did it in 3 days. Stripped and re roofed. I had overlaid it in 2010 so it had double. 3 man crew. Those guys amaze me.
Anyway I saved 6 bills hauling it off myself. Drug this trailer out to the land and off loaded it then buried it on my 150 yd range as a back stop. NO I did not bury the plastic I emptied the scrap out of them and saved the big pieces of heavy plastic

It was a hot job offloading it then the tractor work was hot and dusty as well.

Took two breaks while offloading the shingles.

Looking up the hill from my shaded shooting platform at the short and long ranges. Their is about a 25 elevation difference so you can shoot over top of close range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2019, 04:45:45 PM »
back at the mowing today and got a lot done..the temp wasn't too bad but the dadgum dust about killed me (well, it was bad) - tried mowing in different directions and found that mowing cross-wind worked best, but still.....

the Wife is headed out to Sydney manana so the chore of watering all her new plants and trees falls on my shoulders   :th_thicon_cry:

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2019, 07:51:51 AM »
have been mowing Goat Weed areas, out in the far back Pasture, for a few days now but the day before yesterday my Tractor's operating temperature rose a good deal (but not out of the "safe" zone) and I got an  "Emissions" annunciator warning light

immediately stopped and ceased the PTO/Rotary Cutter action and headed for the Barn - on the way the temp went down and the light extinguished and I cleaned the Tractor as I usually do after each day's work

next day I called a Kubota dealership in Tyler and asked to speak with their Service Department - told "the guy" the problem I'd had and the 1st question he asked was.. "were you mowing tall grass" - yep, I sure was

he then explained that (probably) the radiator had gotten blocked, causing the rise in temp, which in turn caused the Emissions warning

now I've had the hood's grillwork that surrounds the engine become covered with "fluff" (and I've gotten off the Tractor and wiped those areas clean with my hands) but never before has the radiator gotten "clogged" to that point

at workday's end I always blow-dry the entire Tractor with my Leaf Blower and then hose down all with a Water Hose but never before have I encountered this "radiator contamination"

so - a close eye will be kept on the temp gauge from now on.....live and learn