Author Topic: ..another Project..  (Read 11890 times)

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: ..another Project..
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2020, 07:24:29 AM »
Well, I'm thinking the roofer might have screwed me! If he doesn't show up again today, this will be the third day of no show or no call from him. The last three days were really nice and he should have been able to get the entire job done by now. So the wife I went to Lowes yesterday afternoon, picked up the rest of the supplies, and if the weather is willing, (hopefully!) I'm going to get up there and finish up the job myself. I really, really hate roofing. I already paid him half the money the other day, which I may end up eating. 

Offline Txhillbilly

• Can Pack a Range Bag
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2020, 03:55:12 PM »
Well, I'm thinking the roofer might have screwed me! If he doesn't show up again today, this will be the third day of no show or no call from him. The last three days were really nice and he should have been able to get the entire job done by now. So the wife I went to Lowes yesterday afternoon, picked up the rest of the supplies, and if the weather is willing, (hopefully!) I'm going to get up there and finish up the job myself. I really, really hate roofing. I already paid him half the money the other day, which I may end up eating.

Never ever front a contractor money. If they say they need it for materials,tell them to furnish a materials list and get it yourself or have it delivered.
If a contractor doesn't have enough credit to get materials to work with,then they aren't very good people to work for you.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2020, 06:07:09 PM »
Well since someone decided to leave this old pool table next to my dumpster at work last week I drug it out to my land and put it to good use.
I mean cant let a good pool table go to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »
Hey shoot you a game. :th_thicon_funny:
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »
Well since someone decided to leave this old pool table next to my dumpster at work last week I drug it out to my land and put it to good use.

Just be careful of those banked shots!  :P

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2020, 03:15:57 PM »

Never ever front a contractor money. If they say they need it for materials,tell them to furnish a materials list and get it yourself or have it delivered.
If a contractor doesn't have enough credit to get materials to work with,then they aren't very good people to work for you.

I didn't front him any money for the materials. I was paying for all the materials, and the money I gave him, was half of the amount we agreed upon for the labor.

Water under the bridge now. The shingles are done. Just have some minor work to do to the soffett and facia boards now. Started on the drywall repairs to the ceiling yesterday. Hopefully I'll have most of that done by this weekend. Hopefully!

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2020, 02:58:59 PM »
Got into the drywall repair, and there is about 10 inches of the top cap of the stud header that is a bit soft. So I'm going to go ahead and replace it while I have the drywall exposed and do it right so I don't have to worry about it later. Wasn't planned in the budgeting of the materials, but that's how it usually goes!

I do have some new tools to help out with doing the repairs! Went to TSC, and bought a Porter Cable 20V four tool combo kit for $179 on sale.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »

it looks, well..... alls ya need to complete this picture is to find an old toilet bowl that someone threw away then plant some flowers in it  :th_nuts:
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2020, 10:54:45 PM »

it looks, well..... alls ya need to complete this picture is to find an old toilet bowl that someone threw away then plant some flowers in it  :th_nuts:
Not toilet.
Actually NO glass on the range.
Effective for what I put them there for.
Stopping bullets from 150 or so yds. Need some more larger steels for it as well its fun ringing um

It passed the test on Mothers Day.
We had a real blast.
752x39 made nice little clean holes in a pool table. The AR platform drastically improves the accuracy although my SKS gave it a run even with iron sights vs scope.

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2020, 03:58:44 PM »
My next little project, though will not be, or should not be a difficult one is to add some railling to the front porch.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2020, 08:34:16 AM »
Well, I'm thinking the roofer might have screwed me! ..

about 4 weeks ago our house had roof damage, caused by the wind and possibly hail.  Called our insurance company and they sent out an adjuster - who met with a local roofer that we had contacted

a check from Travelers got here very quick and after several attempts we finally got in contact with the roofer - asked him "how far out" he was for doing our roof - a he said 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.....2 weeks went by and only after several attempts we finally talked to him.....he then said "another 2 weeks" - that went by with no work and no communication

day before yesterday (wednesday) I called a roofer in Tyler that has a good reputation and the next day, yesterday (thursday) they sent a rep - he did the "routine" and we signed up with them to do the work

today (friday) a crew showed up at 6:30 this morning and they're making a lot of noise on the roof - 'sposed to be finished today

tried to stay "local" but......adios local - it's nice to work with professionals  :th_thicon_idea:
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2020, 11:15:47 AM »
Well, I'm thinking the roofer might have screwed me! ..

about 4 weeks ago our house had roof damage, caused by the wind and possibly hail.  Called our insurance company and they sent out an adjuster - who met with a local roofer that we had contacted

a check from Travelers got here very quick and after several attempts we finally got in contact with the roofer - asked him "how far out" he was for doing our roof - a he said 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.....2 weeks went by and only after several attempts we finally talked to him.....he then said "another 2 weeks" - that went by with no work and no communication

day before yesterday (wednesday) I called a roofer in Tyler that has a good reputation and the next day, yesterday (thursday) they sent a rep - he did the "routine" and we signed up with them to do the work

today (friday) a crew showed up at 6:30 this morning and they're making a lot of noise on the roof - 'sposed to be finished today

tried to stay "local" but......adios local - it's nice to work with professionals  :th_thicon_idea:

Well I did get it done! Long story short, there was miscommunication that caused him not to show back up. I got that resolved though, and went ahead and finished up the job myself.