Author Topic: No more red light cameras  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
No more red light cameras
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 06:02:59 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, the red-light cameras only capture a violators license plate. Now, that is all fine and dandy, if the person that owns the vehicle is the violator. What if it's a friend that borrowed your vehicle, or your wife or husband that decided to switch vehicles, or Jr. has borrowed the family vehicle for the day? Or any other of a dozen scenarios that are "ticketing" the vehicle, or it's owner, and possibly not the actual violator?

In no way do I condone, or advocate, running red lights. I don't do it personally, and I think violators should be ticketed for doing so. But as mentioned, I see such cameras as revenue generators, not about increasing safety by ticketing violators. But many will say that is what they are about to justify their usage, safety.

That may be true in Texas. But I lived in California previously. The traffic cameras there not only got my plate number but there was an additional photo of my smiling face :frown:  I guess that was so I couldn't say that someone else was driving.
The quality of the pictures was very good.
Toll road station cameras take good shots of driver as well. Sold a car to a Houston Resident after sold we get toll bill. Long story short the heavy set black lady driving was in no way close in appearance to my anglo 130 lb wife. And we had paperwork.
Good quality photo for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RaySendero

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
Re: No more red light cameras
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 06:50:08 AM »
LOL - Just to show how some perceive:

I read over 1/2 way down the 1st page thinking
The ban was on IR game cameras and
trying to figure out why y'all were against them!!!

LOL - Sometimes my mind just "clamps" on something
and make take a while to figure it out,
but I got did get it.
Ray