Author Topic: New to me S&W 15-3 with Tyler T-Grip  (Read 218 times)

Offline cporfe

• Supporting Member
  • Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
New to me S&W 15-3 with Tyler T-Grip
« on: May 31, 2019, 10:27:30 PM »
I picked this P&R Md15-3 off a well known auction site.  I was the only bidder and it went for a very low price.  I was surprised.  I bought it for nostalgia since my 10 years as a USAF Law Enforcement Spec. I only carried a Md 15-2.  Well before the M9 generation.

I posted some pics on the Smith and Wesson forum to see what folks had to say about the finish.  I thought it might be NP3, but Robar said no.  Other options were thrown out by forum members.  I settled on original nickle someone had bead blasted.  But I'm not willing to spend $75 to find out with a SWCA letter.  Besides, I intend on shooting this along with my other 3 Md 15s.

I know the grips are new reproductions and fit okay but I wanted something old school.  So I found Tyler Mfg. and ordered a T-grip in aluminum.  Took about 7 weeks to get to me even though the website said 3-4 weeks. At least they are still manufacturing them.  I just installed them and although they aren't quite what I hoped, I think the gun looks nice with them on.

Now to the range one day to see if it shoots.

Thanks for listening.

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/72b7d741254e541f8c6b70d9c2ec2146.jpg

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/2e1d16d8727d00b5ff5dd6eb5f8e931d.jpg
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: New to me S&W 15-3 with Tyler T-Grip
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »
The finish, I have no idea. It could be just as you suspect, bead-blasted nickel. Regardless, it looks sweeeet! :rocknroll2:

Can I have it?  :wave1:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)