Author Topic: C6 Corvette Retro Custom!  (Read 832 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
C6 Corvette Retro Custom!
« on: May 31, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of the newer Corvettes, but I always really liked the 1963 to 1967 models, because they had such graceful body lines.

This Corvette, is really cool and I'm liking it a lot!  :rocknroll2:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/c6-corvette-transformed-with-c2-silhouette/ar-AACcNQt?ocid=spartanntp#image=AACcNQe|30
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: C6 Corvette Retro Custom!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 04:48:23 PM »
never was a fan of the Corvette
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Shield45

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
C6 Corvette Retro Custom!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 05:57:12 PM »
Very noce redo for sure.

What is sad is in modern times we retro design cars cause we cant design anything sexier or with better lines.
Mustang
Challenger
VW Bettle
Mini Cooper
Now appears also the Vette

The real car designers were all the early ones. Harley Earl Duntov whatever the original vette guys name was cant recall.
Hudson etc. Cars were art then they are cookie cutrer copies produced from a factory that must be a huge butt hole cause most all look like turds   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »
Nice retro mod. Like the early '60's "stingray" look. Base LS3 engine has a little over 400 horsepower but I would imagine it's been tweaked a little more than that.
I've been leaning towards getting another corvette but my current ride, a Genesis with the 5.0 engine and 450 HP, is such a comfortable ride I've been putting it off for awhile now. The next model corvette will be mid engine. Should be interesting.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 09:31:49 PM »
In reply to Shield's post, I agree. One of the defining elements of the cars of the 1970's and before, was CHROME! Chrome bumpers, trim, hood ornaments, mirrors, rocker panels, ect, and ect. They had beautiful body lines. That in many ways is missing in today's current vehicles. Plastic coverings, all painted either body color or black, or grey, but not chrome anymore.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 10:54:51 PM »
In reply to Shield's post, I agree. One of the defining elements of the cars of the 1970's and before, was CHROME! Chrome bumpers, trim, hood ornaments, mirrors, rocker panels, ect, and ect. They had beautiful body lines. That in many ways is missing in today's current vehicles. Plastic coverings, all painted either body color or black, or grey, but not chrome anymore.
I will add jacked up and shackled rear ends with over sized tires with raised white letters. Hurst 4 speed trannys and Holley 4 bangers.  In my hometown it was jacked up Camaro's. Nova's, GTO's, Chevelle's, Mustang's and the occasional Dodge/Chrysler product. Saturday night racing on FM 116 by the town dump and the cops, for the most part, left us alone. Gooooood times!!
The second corvette I had was an '03 silver ragtop. I wanted to put on some slotted dish rims with either Bridgestone  or Goodyear radials with raised white letters. That would have set me back about 4K so I kept the stock rims and went with some high dollar Michelin's. No raised white letters.  :frown:
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 11:00:54 PM »
My only Corvette, was a 1980 my first wife talked me into buying. In some ways, I liked the car, but after one weekend trip to Galveston, I promptly put it up for sale. A chiropractor should be standard equipment with Corvette's!

I do remember the "jacked-up" on the rear with extended shackles and air shocks maxed out! I just didn't really care for the look, even back i the day. I did love the raised white letter tires though. And I was a sucker for side pipes!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 11:30:20 PM »
'73 thru '90 were pretty piss poor years for Corvette's. Low horsepower, sloppy transmissions and handling, low grade fiberglass bodies and poor support from Chevrolet in general just to name a few. Much improved over the last 30 years.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline RaySendero

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 05:11:43 PM »
I like it!

But if it was me doing that build and had to drive it;
I would have "fixed" that back windshield for more view.
Ray

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 05:45:37 PM »
We had a C6, absolutely blast to drive and the best highway car I've ever driven.  From 80 to 100+, the only indication you're hauling hiney is a *slight* increase in wind noise.

Offline Txhillbilly

• Knows How to Use a Holster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 02:26:44 PM »
It ain't going to be cheap though!  :wave1:

https://www.motorious.com/vehicles/167187/2013-chevrolet-corvette-karl-kustom-coupe

The price really isn't too much for what your getting. A fully restored 1963 split window Vette will run you from $85k - $130k,and it has none of the performance/tech features of the C5-C7 Corvette's.
If I wanted a split window bodied Vette,I'd take one of the conversions over the original!

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 02:35:31 PM »
It ain't going to be cheap though!  :wave1:

https://www.motorious.com/vehicles/167187/2013-chevrolet-corvette-karl-kustom-coupe

The price really isn't too much for what your getting. A fully restored 1963 split window Vette will run you from $85k - $130k,and it has none of the performance/tech features of the C5-C7 Corvette's.
If I wanted a split window bodied Vette,I'd take one of the conversions over the original!

I agree. A 1963 to 1967 Corvette, fully restored, some of them are quite expensive, and there are only so many around for sale. The conversion Corvette, makes a much better driver. Better technology and performance than the C2 Corvettes. Plus add in way much better fuel mileage!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »

I agree. A 1963 to 1967 Corvette, fully restored, some of them are quite expensive, and there are only so many around for sale. The conversion Corvette, makes a much better driver. Better technology and performance than the C2 Corvettes. Plus add in way much better fuel mileage!

We had a friend with a ~ 65 Stingray.  Classic lines but he said even a Toyota Camry could out corner it.  But in a stock vehicle drag race, it was pretty much king of the road excepting some Trans Am's and 440 / 4bbl vehicles.