Author Topic: My new LTC is being printed and I'm going back to my EDC Hoorah!  (Read 609 times)

Offline cporfe

• Military
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
Moved here from VA a year ago.  Had a License to Carry for almost 10 years there.  It was nulled and void the moment I registered as a Texan for my DL.  I finally got past some health issues and completed the class/test/shooting and submitted my paperwork.  According to the official website, it took them only 6 working days to approve my license.  It's in the "pending printing" stage.

As soon as I get it I'll go back to what I carried in VA, a Gen2 Remington R51.  I know, everyone  laughed in VA too.  But, it's slimmer than my Shield, slightly heavier which is okay, handles +P without a problem, and is flat.  Really flat.  And this Gen 2 has had over 400 rounds, all hollow points with 50 +P HPs and 50 +P Pow'r balls.  Zero, that,s 0, problems.  I can't say that for any other new gun I've shot or have to carry.

I also have a trusty Gen 1 S&W 380 Bodguard with laser for pocket carry when needed.  And zero problems with that either.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

Chris
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Re: My new LTC is being printed and I'm going back to my EDC Hoorah!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »
Welcome aboard. Glad you will be having the license soon.

I have seen a few other people on other gun forums mention carrying that gun as their defensive gun. If you like it and it is reliable, nothing wrong with that

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 11:50:08 PM »
A shout out from Brazos County :th_thicon_idea: Lived just outside Detroit in St Claire Shores for awhile when I was 10-11 but that was a long time ago.

I second what Shipwreck said. Other peoples opinion of what you carry is just that, their opinion. No one is laughing at you here. On this forum we may poke a stick at each other now and then but at the end of the day we remain civil and respectful of each other. At least on my part.
There are a couple posters that troll this board. Tango, AXXE 55 and .308 Nato come to mind.  :th_thicon_funny:

My son is an LEO and  for the last 5 years
pocket carries a Body Guard w/laser as a backup and off duty gun. He has had some work done to the trigger and replaced some of the internal springs. Over A thousand trouble free rounds down the pipe.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline cporfe

• Military
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 08:14:04 PM »
A final word.  I received my LTC today in the mail.  That makes it 11 workdays from the application submission/prints done to issuance and delivery.  The shortest time it ever took me in VA was 30+ days for a renewal. 

So, I'm a happy camper now and carrying my R51!  (plus spare ammo of course!)
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 11:23:59 PM »
A final word.  I received my LTC today in the mail.  That makes it 11 workdays from the application submission/prints done to issuance and delivery.  The shortest time it ever took me in VA was 30+ days for a renewal. 

So, I'm a happy camper now and carrying my R51!  (plus spare ammo of course!)

It is much quicker now. I have had a permit since 1996. Back in the day, it took much longer.