Author Topic: Newest Revolver and an old friend...  (Read 250 times)

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
Newest Revolver and an old friend...
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:27:17 PM »
Two weeks ago I stopped at one of my favorite San Antonio Gun Shops and saw a S&W Revolver that I really liked.  Pricier then I liked I none the less had it held back for me.  The plan was to bring some of my guns (that I have no real attachment to) and consign them, paying for the S&W with the proceeds.  That didn't last long; the other day I went and picked it up and yesterday took it to the range.

It is a Model 686-6 Plus; a seven shot, stainless steel, .357 Magnum with a 3" barrel.  The barrel size more the other features about the gun are what sold me on it. 

Here are some pictures of the gun (with my Colt Delta Elite) and the first targets I shot with it.  The first target is seven shots at 3 yards; fired for function; the other target includes the first 7 rounds and also shots from the 7, 10, 15, and 25 yard lines.  I like both the single and double action trigger function - very smooth.

Offline AdioSS

• Has Trigger Control
    • View Profile
    • VEPR.org
Re: Newest Revolver and an old friend...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 02:41:09 AM »
Very nice! I used to carry a 4 686-6 for work, so I ended up getting one of my own.

Ive been curious about something on the 7 shot models. Is the cylinder the same size as the 6 shot?
Can you measure the outside diameter of the cylinder for me? Seems that it would need to be pretty close unless the frame were also changed.
Cheston

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 06:09:14 AM »
I bought the 686+ for my Wife a while back - 4" barrel - nice pistol (she shoots .38spec thru it/recoil - I'm a .357mag fan)

(too lazy to get into the safe to measure cylinder diameter however..)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 07:47:09 PM »
Those are very nice .
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.