Author Topic: Trump's Tax Records?  (Read 355 times)

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Trump's Tax Records?
« on: May 17, 2019, 08:19:15 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/lawsuits-contempt-fines-how-democrats-could-get-trumps-taxes/ar-AABuKwB?ocid=spartandhp

And Trump's tax records will prove exactly what? That we already know he's rich? Or that the liberal Democrats think the tax records would prove Russian collusion?

On personal note, I'd fight anyone every step of the way if they wanted to see MY tax records!
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
Re: Trump's Tax Records?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:17:27 AM »
The  demoncrats hope to get information that could involve Trump  in financial crimes.  Their desire to see the returns has no legislative  value unless the want to pass a bill of retainer against Trump.
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:09:44 PM »
I'd rather see Pelosi's joint return with her investment banker husband than Donald's.

Offline cporfe

• Military
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »
In my considered opinion, which has absolutely no value, I'd fight the tax records request from Congress.  The tax laws are so complex that even I don't grasp the complete fundamentals and I've been paying taxes for 45 years.  I doubt anyone in the Congress could figure it out either.

In my younger years when I was working on getting my BA (1980s) I took a personal tax class as part of my required accounting classes.  The text book was written by 10 IRS agents.  The course was taught by a Revenue Agent.  We never got a straight answer in class and always had to wait a week for the instructor to check all the implications.  Short story is; I had the 2nd class highest average; in the low 60's.  I got one of two A grades given out (hell of a curve).  He failed anyone below a 40 average which was about half the class. 

Now I wonder how Nancy, Chuck, Nadler and AOC would fare in a personal/business tax test???????
I'm on the 7 day weekend plan.  I'm retired!!

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »
I agree Chris. Unless there is suspicion of illegal activity that his tax records could prove was going on, those records, like any other tax-paying citizen's should be kept private.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline RaySendero

• Can Tell a Magazine From a Clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 05:04:23 PM »
The democrats have nothing.
They're just continuing their obstructionist tactics.

I believe they know Barr is getting close to their lies about the Trump witch hunt.
So they pour on these smoke and mirrors.
Watch out for more and more as the 2020 elections gets closer.
Ray