Author Topic: Anderson Manufacturing?  (Read 198 times)

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Anderson Manufacturing?
« on: May 14, 2019, 11:04:02 PM »
What do yíall know about Anderson rifles? Came across an incomplete (not 80% but still just the frame) AR lower last weekend, (had no intention to build another AR) but I bought it ($60) then ordered from cheaper-than-dirt a trigger, butt stock, and all the other items needed for the lower. They all came in this evening (2 business days, thatís fast!) and now I have a compete lower. Now looking for an upper... BUT whatís yallís opinion on Anderson rifles? It is RF85 Treated which means it doesnít need lubrication?! Sounds like a sells pitch to me. Oh and the wife has no clue but my 11 year old son says I should build an AR every year but in a different caliber.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson Manufacturing?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:13:08 PM »
AT, I have no personal experience with them, but what I have read on various forums for some years now, they seem to be a well made lower at a very attractive price point. Nothing special, just decently made lowers and uppers that are priced a little cheaper than some of the other higher known brands.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 06:05:20 AM »
Dont know anything about that lower. ILL just say I Do know I wont give CTD ANY of my money ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 07:18:09 AM »
Dont know anything about that lower. ILL just say I Do know I wont give CTD ANY of my money ever again.

I agree. I had ordered a few things from them and some ammo a couple of times, and becaus of their poor customer service, shipping the wrong items and the amount of time and difficulty in getting the problems resolved, I will not ever order from them again. :bangheadonwall:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 04:47:22 PM »

I agree. I had ordered a few things from them and some ammo a couple of times, and becaus of their poor customer service, shipping the wrong items and the amount of time and difficulty in getting the problems resolved, I will not ever order from them again. :bangheadonwall:
That and the last scare they jacked prices on items.

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
Interesting, I never experienced any issues with CTD before, but it was my first time to shop them for over a year or more. Ordered on Saturday and had them on Tuesday.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 06:43:48 PM »

That and the last scare they jacked prices on items.

I vaguely remember that. Some people were discussing ot on various gun forums, but I had already had my problems with CTD and swore them off.

And their shipping prices are all jacked up too. The ship from multiple warehouses, so if part of the order comes from one warehouse and part from another, they double bill you on shipping costs.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Txhillbilly

• Expert Magazine Loader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 09:12:28 PM »
Did you buy a stripped Anderson lower?

I've assembled 5 or 6 AR's using Anderson stripped lower's,they are just as good as any other brand of forged lowers and usually have a tighter fit when it comes to mating an upper receiver to them.

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:00 PM »
Yes itís an Anderson lower. I put an upper from another of my ARs, it fitted fine. The magazine took a greater slam to get the magazine to catch and the take down pin is hard to push with your finger. I think itís just because itís new and I need to oil those parts. If I have time this weekend I might take it shooting.