Author Topic: Kirsten Gillibrand, Proposes New Gun Laws.....  (Read 304 times)

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Kirsten Gillibrand, Proposes New Gun Laws.....
« on: May 11, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gillibrand-calls-for-assault-weapon-and-large-magazine-bans-to-combat-gun-violence/ar-AABecrV?ocid=spartanntp

Any time that there is another senseless shooting or massacre, involving guns, another liberal gun-hater has to get the drum beating again about stricter gun control laws and more gun restrictions. Typical crap.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
Kirsten Gillibrand, Proposes New Gun Laws.....
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 08:29:17 PM »

Only intelligent sentence I saw in the entire piece. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: Kirsten Gillibrand, Proposes New Gun Laws.....
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 08:38:21 PM »
I agree Shield. That was the only sentence in the article that had any sense whatsoever to it. The rest was typical liberal gun-hating rhetoric and nothing more. Solutions that haven't worked, won't ever work, but still they keep pushing them out there to us.

We do need some help with those that have mental illness. That is huge problem that needs serious attention. One I'd rather the government spend money on that the "opiad epidemic" since the most that are affected by are doing so out of free choice to abuse drugs. People don't choose, or many times, have choices in their mental health issues.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 07:48:31 AM »
And as is most often the case the “warning signs” and tips were there in the most recent CO school shooting but alas no action was taken and or no one listened.

Maybe just Maybe IF the authorities actually looked in to and followed up on these “leads/tips” maybe some of these things could be prevented.

Because banning ARs and HICAP mags and BG cks etc are NOT going to prevent anything except to keep us law abiding types from enjoying our sport. 

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
And as is most often the case the “warning signs” and tips were there in the most recent CO school shooting but alas no action was taken and or no one listened.

Maybe just Maybe IF the authorities actually looked in to and followed up on these “leads/tips” maybe some of these things could be prevented.

Because banning ARs and HICAP mags and BG cks etc are NOT going to prevent anything except to keep us law abiding types from enjoying our sport. 

Here's my thoughts. IF I KNEW, for a fact that more restrictive gun laws, bans and restrictions would deter, or keep the criminals, or the mentally ill or defectives from getting a gun, and using them in heinous manner, I'd support them in a heartbeat. But the truth, and reality have shown us historically, that just isn't true, so in turn that points to the opinions that it would be just as ineffective in the future. The only people they would deter and further punish would be the law-abiding gun owner.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 04:18:48 PM »
They always say "If it saves just one life."

Fine, show me the gun law that saved one life.  Tell me the name of the person saved.
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »
They always say "If it saves just one life."

Fine, show me the gun law that saved one life.  Tell me the name of the person saved.

Exactly.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.