Author Topic: ..a gripe and a complaint.....grrrrr..  (Read 728 times)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
..a gripe and a complaint.....grrrrr..
« on: May 07, 2019, 03:48:50 PM »
drove the 30 miles to Tyler (and back) today and as always when I get out on the roads I see "tons" of trash that people have tossed out of their cars - and even a few what appears to be bags of household garbage scattered about

and then speeding drivers - everywhere - in town, on the highway and on the 75mph Toll Road - what the hell is wrong with going the speed limits ?

I really dislike both litterers and speeders

ok - vent over
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: ..a gripe and a complaint.....grrrrr..
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:57:37 PM »
Tango, I'm with ya on those. I hate people that litter, and speeding is just uncalled for and dangerous.

I use to carry a couple of plastic bags in my vehicles to throw trash into, instead of throwing it the window.

Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
Littering Nope.

You guys are the ones Id pass on the toll road. Driving the speed limit is fine as long as your a courteous one. Most hog the left lane at 5 under the limit. Wont move over. Or on our 2 lane hwys ie 90 etc dont have the courtesy
pull rt when safe and allow others by.

It works both ways.

Now Im mot saying Im blasting all over but 80 in a 75 in MOST cases wont get you pulled over and moving right for folks is the correct thing to do. As most interstates have “left lane for passing only” ie move over pokey signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »
Littering Nope.

You guys are the ones Id pass on the toll road. Driving the speed limit is fine as long as your a courteous one. Most hog the left lane at 5 under the limit. Wont move over. Or on our 2 lane hwys ie 90 etc dont have the courtesy

It works both ways.

Now Im mot saying Im blasting all over but 80 in a 75 in MOST cases wont get you pulled over and moving right for folks is the correct thing to do. As most interstates have “left lane for passing only” ie move over pokey signs.

Actually, it's illegal in the state of Texas to move over to the shoulder to allow a car to pass. I got a $74 fine for it some years ago. I allowed a faster car behind me to pass, by moving to the right on the shoulder, and as I did, we passed a DPS trooper. He did a U-turn and came up behind me, and I thought with his lights flashing, that he was after the car that I had just allowed to pass me. Nope! It was me that got stopped and got a ticket for an unsafe lane change.

So after getting that ticket, I don't do the courtesy thing any more by moving to the RH shoulder. I'm going the speed limit, so if they want to pass, they can do so on the LH side. If not, then I guess they are stuck behind me.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 08:45:28 PM »
I would have told the cop that I thought I had a flat tire and pulled over.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 11:05:47 PM »
I would have told the cop that I thought I had a flat tire and pulled over.

No way that would have passed mustard! He observed me pulling to the shoulder, then pulling back into the lane.

I don't tell others what to do or don't do, but I will not pull off to the shoulder and let others pass anymore. Now I did before getting that ticket, and had I not gotten the ticket, I more than likely would still be doing it.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 06:13:54 AM »
Littering Nope.

It works both ways.

Actually, it's illegal in the state of Texas to move over to the shoulder to allow a car to pass. I got a $74 fine for it some years ago. I allowed a faster car behind me to pass, by moving to the right on the shoulder, and as I did, we passed a DPS trooper. He did a U-turn and came up behind me, and I thought with his lights flashing, that he was after the car that I had just allowed to pass me. Nope! It was me that got stopped and got a ticket for an unsafe lane change.

So after getting that ticket, I don't do the courtesy thing any more by moving to the RH shoulder. I'm going the speed limit, so if they want to pass, they can do so on the LH side. If not, then I guess they are stuck behind me.
Actually IT IS LEGAL.
Your unsafe lane chg was like due to no signal.

In Texas, a driver can drive on an improved shoulder to the right of the roadway if it is necessary and safe to do so, but only:

To stop, stand, or park

To accelerate before entering the main traveled lane of traffic

To decelerate before making a right turn

To pass another vehicle that is slowing, stopped, disabled, or preparing to make a left turn on the main part of the roadway

To allow another vehicle traveling faster to pass

To follow directions given by an official traffic-control device

To avoid a collision

Look it up.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 06:32:18 AM »
yes, even if not posted, the left lane should be for passing only

and

no, it's not "ok" to drive more than the posted speed limit (even if 5 mph over likely won't get you pulled over)

and

yes, please don't break laws

Online Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 10:21:51 AM »
Littering Nope.

It works both ways.

Actually IT IS LEGAL.
Your unsafe lane chg was like due to no signal.

In Texas, a driver can drive on an improved shoulder to the right of the roadway if it is necessary and safe to do so, but only:

To stop, stand, or park

To accelerate before entering the main traveled lane of traffic

To decelerate before making a right turn

To pass another vehicle that is slowing, stopped, disabled, or preparing to make a left turn on the main part of the roadway

To allow another vehicle traveling faster to pass

To follow directions given by an official traffic-control device

To avoid a collision

Look it up.

It may be legal, but I still got a ticket for doing it, that cost me $74.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
yes, even if not posted, the left lane should be for passing only

and

no, it's not "ok" to drive more than the posted speed limit (even if 5 mph over likely won't get you pulled over)

and

yes, please don't break laws
Actually YES most have a 10% window. Many municipalities tickets even state over the 10% limit. Ask me how I know.

Please don’t drive under the limit or a t like the car will some how spin put of control should you actually depress the accelerator pedal.

This one irks me more than anything.
Driving along on the hwy
75 limit
DPS in Rt lane doing 65 and NO-ONE will pass him. We will stack up a line of cars because everyone is scared.

75 limit so pass him he wont stop you for doing the limit.   

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 01:58:09 PM »
"yes" is not a correct answer if it condones breaking the law

part of today's problems are caused by people who pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to break

Offline Shield45

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 03:23:37 PM »
"yes" is not a correct answer if it condones breaking the law

part of today's problems are caused by people who pick and choose which laws to follow and which ones to break
Guess you are 100% all time.
Man must be tough being all perfect and such.
Is your real name Jesus?

Point being on the 10% window is almost always they give it due to variances in vehicle speedometers 75 on yours may not be 75 on mine may be 72 or 71. Cops realize that (most do) and as such usually allow a few over on hwy not so much in city due to lower speed.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 04:10:34 PM »
I'm not perfect, of course, but I do my best to not break any laws and those laws include speed limits - also do my best at being a courteous driver

don't really care whether or not law enforcement "forgives" X mph over posted speed limits - that's not the issue as I posted in the original post here

you break laws, on purpose, and you're guilty of.....breaking the law

"normal" folks don't pick and choose which laws to abide by and which ones don't apply to them - low life folks do that.....

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 05:07:42 PM »
Likely Guilty as charged sir.
But I have an excuse:  I took “Offensively Defensive Driving” course from the US Embassy. A required driving course if you intend to survive on the roads while in the Middle East.  Every once in a while my wife tells me “you’re driving like a Saudi again“, usually when a crazy driver does something stupid that puts my passengers at risk.

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »

"normal" folks don't pick and choose which laws to abide by and which ones don't apply to them - low life folks do that.....

Dear Tango
I’d like to introduce you to Nancy and Chucky, who would beg to differ with your opinions.

Offline Shield45

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 05:23:51 PM »
I'm not perfect, of course, but I do my best to not break any laws and those laws include speed limits - also do my best at being a courteous driver

don't really care whether or not law enforcement "forgives" X mph over posted speed limits - that's not the issue as I posted in the original post here

you break laws, on purpose, and you're guilty of.....breaking the law

Resorting to name calling is pretty petty there Nancy.

I would bet the farm you have crossed the law line more than once in your lifetime.

So welcome to the life of low.

I dont drive aggressive or dangerously however TX is too large to follow pokey people thats for sure.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 05:37:09 PM »
I have, on occasion, broken a posted speed limit but it was from inattentive driving, not choice and when I noticed I immediately "backed off"

naw, that doesn't qualify me as a low life but I could name a few

I really enjoy seeing speeders being pulled over by law enforcement

good luck with your life's choices

Offline Shield45

• Gun Show Attendee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 06:29:49 AM »
I have, on occasion, broken a posted speed limit but it was from inattentive driving, not choice and when I noticed I immediately "backed off"

naw, that doesn't qualify me as a low life but I could name a few

I really enjoy seeing speeders being pulled over by law enforcement

good luck with your life's choices
All Good Tango.

I am perfectly happy with my choices.

Worked out so far.

Offline Army 1911

• Military
  • 3 Yard Shooter
  • 1911 Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »
I thought the  spped signs were for the suggested minimun safe speed. 😀
A well balanced breakfast, being necessary to the health of the nation, the right of the people to keep an eat cereal shall not be infringed.  Now who gets the ceral, the breakfast or the people?
Sure I'll shoot your Glock.  Just hang it with the rest of the targets.

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 12:03:16 PM »
I thought the  spped signs were for the suggested minimun safe speed. 😀

In at least Arizona, you can get a ticket for driving the speed limit in the left lane if you're holding up (I believe it's 3 or more) other vehicles.