Author Topic: Get Up On Your Soapbox, Politically!  (Read 356 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Get Up On Your Soapbox, Politically!
« on: May 04, 2019, 11:14:26 AM »
Climbing up on my soapbox and sharing my rants. JIC, anyone was interested!  :wave1:

I am astounded at some people in politics. The ran and were elected to a position, that many times they totally lack any experience in, or lacking of any knowledge, or ability to perform the job requires. So why are people who lack qualifications for a position being elected?

Because they look good to the people who voted for them, and they said all the cute little buzz-words that appealed to the masses.

And when they talk, to anyone with any common sense, and with an IQ above a turnip, they come off sounding like complete idiots! Many times they have no idea as to what they are talking about, and the more they talk about something, the more apparent that becomes. Reminds me of an old saying, "Better to remain silent and to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Okay, I'm climbing off my soapbox for now, and letting some else climb on up!  :wave1:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Get Up On Your Soapbox, Politically!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 03:01:31 PM »
Ditto!
Iíll step up:

If itís a misdemeanor to lie to cops and a felony to lie to a grand jury, shouldnít it be a capital offense for elected officials to lie to the American people?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »
Ditto!
Iíll step up:

If itís a misdemeanor to lie to cops and a felony to lie to a grand jury, shouldnít it be a capital offense for elected officials to lie to the American people?

TXAZ, can we also apply that same levl of punishment to the media as well?
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 07:49:46 PM »
Ditto!
Iíll step up:

TXAZ, can we also apply that same levl of punishment to the media as well?

Sure.  The predicate is if the liar takes $ís from the public. 

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »
Agreed if you lie to the american people it should be double the penalty of lying to congress. I dont mean campaign promises.  But a chairman of a committee saying we have proof something and not producing it is lying to the American people

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 02:07:56 PM »
Climbing up on my soapbox, so get ready!  :wave1:

Lying is lying. I think most of us learned this at a very early age, or at least should have, if our parents were doing their job as parents, teaching us lying is wrong, and wrong from right. Personally, I think seeing what I have seen over the past couple of decades, that much of what our parents taught us, isn't being taught to the younger generations, and in turn, probably won't be taught to future generations. But, lying is wrong, period. And more so, of there is some form of benefits, or monetary gain from lying. And IMO, if a person gains benefits, or money from their lying, then that should be a crime, and punished within the limits of the law. Sadly, this will probably never ever happen.

Another area of lying that occurs on a massive scale, that in turn has caused ruination of our economy and society, is the welfare and social programs, that reward those who could be, and should be working, but in turn, lie about their conditions in order to gain welfare benefits simply because they are too lazy to work for a living. In no way am I saying that all that are on welfare are not deserving of it's benefits, but I would hazard a guess, that the overwhelming majority are nothing more than lazy dead-beats that would rather suck up welfare benefits, than get out and work for a living.

Okay, climbing off my soapbox, before my blood pressure goes through the roof!  :bangheadonwall:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Progressive Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 04:46:56 PM »
Another big gripe I have.  :wave1:

Our judicial and penal systems. Huge jokes if you ask me. Criminals have no fear of either of them. Many wear going to prison as badges of honor and use it as "street cred" that they are tough, or can hold their own.

We really need a complete reform of both. The judicial system is the biggest joke of both. Many prosecutors are looking for conviction rates, and even plea bargaining is considered a conviction and a win for the prosecutor. Simply put, it has not one thing in the world to do with justice or about the victims, regardless of the lip service prosecutors may feed in sound bites to the media. The judicial system is ran like the game show, "Let's Make A Deal" and many times, instead of a prosecutor putting forth the effortm the time and the energy to secure a lengthy, and deserving conviction of the criminal, they take the easy route and plea bargain them down to amuchg lesser charge.

Then to further compound the travesty of justice, even once they get to prison, if they get say a ten year sentence, with good time and keeping their nose clean in prison, it's very likely the most they would serve would be about 2.5 to 3 years behind bars. And to just rub some salt into the wounds of justice, they end up with free room and board, free food, free clothing, free dental and medical, free education and even free legal advice. And if they want to work, they can learn a trade and even earn money.

My proposals would be for the prosecutors to get off their lazy butts, and stop taking the easy course and doing their jobs as they were either hired, or elected to do for the citizens of their communities. Stop being soft on crime! Stop plea bargaining dangerous and repeat felony offenders. Start with giving them maximum sentences and they actually serve the length of the sentence they received. If they get ten years, they serve ten years. Period. No sweetheart deals, and no time off for good behavior. Then once they get to prison, no resort like luxuries. Prison is about punishment, not rehabilitation, regardless of what the liberals may think or want. You work them from sun-up, to sun-down working and paying their debt to society. And the prisons should only provide what the inmate needs, and not what they want. A roof over their heads, three meals a day and medical care. Nothing more, nothing less.

If prisons were ran as I see they should be, as they were ran for many years, until the bleeding-heart liberals got ahold of things, criminals would fear prison as a place they wished to not make a repeat visit to. Make prison a place where they have no desire to return to for a second time.

Okay, I'm done!  :wave1:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.