Author Topic: Dating Rules, or How Things Have Changed!  (Read 174 times)

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Dating Rules, or How Things Have Changed!
« on: May 02, 2019, 03:46:41 PM »
I was reading this article earlier and found it interesting. Not that I plan on dating again anytime soon! But, things have changed quite a bit since the last time I dated!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/love-sex/7-outdated-dating-rules-we-should-bring-back/ar-BBW2yq4?ocid=spartandhp

Call me old-fashioned, but years ago when I dated, there were just things I did, or didn't do when dating. I'm glad to see that some things are seen this way still according to this article.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline TXAZ

• Gun Guru
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Rules, or How Things Have Changed!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »
The more I think things have changed, the more evidence that seems to pop up that says they haven't. 
Being nice to people (or whatever you want to call it) will likely never go out of style. 
And in more permissive societies (ie not Saudi Arabia), I'm not sure getting lucky on the first or second date really changes much through the ages.

Offline busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:37:32 AM »
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Back many years ago when I did still date, (before getting married! wife frowns upon me dating now for some reason!  :th_nuts:) I always tried to be gentleman and treated my dates, or girlfriends with respect, and like a man should treat a woman. Just the way our father raised us to do.

Dating and going out was in a way a social event for me. I enjoyed getting dressed up and going out, to dinner and dancing were my favorites. Sometimes maybe a movie. With the ones I was little more serious about and had been out with a few times, we might do a weekend excursion out of town to something we both enjoyed.

One of the greatest achievements I can say about my single years, with most of the women I dated, at the very least, the majority of them became friends of mine. And yes, I do believe in that women can be just friends like guy friends. One of the enduring secrets to my marriage with my current Mrs. Axxe, is that we became good friends long before we ever got romantically involved. We can still talk and laugh and just hang out and still enjoy being with each other. I think that is one of the secrets to a long and happy marriage. Or at least for us.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.