Author Topic: Chainsaws!  (Read 994 times)

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: Chainsaws!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »
I ain't gonna lie. Chainsaws are one of those tools that does scare me a bit. Even when used in a safe manner, they are still unsafe. When I'm cutting down a tree, I study it ten way to determine what is the best way to cut it down! Accidents happen around chainsaws, and people end up getting hurt or killed using them. I hate using a chainsaw, but they are IMO a necessary evil tool that does the job I need them to do.
Every tool is dangerous.
But only as dangerous as the brain connected to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Shield. From an early age, Dad taught us to respect tools, and to use them in a safe manner, as they were intended to be used. He also told us that when you lost respect for the tool you were using, was usually when accidents happen and people got hurt.

Even my father, as safe as he was, got cut pretty badly many years ago by a chainsaw. It kicked back, and caught him on the upper thigh. (was many years ago before they put the chain brakes on chainsaws.) Over 300 stitches to put his leg back together. Had a close friend years ago, that one kicked back on him, and he like to have lost half his foot to a chainsaw.

Yep, I have a very healthy respect for chainsaws, but still they do scare me a bit. Like Ship, I have no fear of guns, but chainsaws, they scare me! It's always in the back of my mind of people who got hurt or killed using them. And the Friday the 13th movies don't help matters any either!  :th_nuts:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Shield45

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 02:26:01 PM »
I ain't gonna lie. Chainsaws are one of those tools that does scare me a bit. Even when used in a safe manner, they are still unsafe. When I'm cutting down a tree, I study it ten way to determine what is the best way to cut it down! Accidents happen around chainsaws, and people end up getting hurt or killed using them. I hate using a chainsaw, but they are IMO a necessary evil tool that does the job I need them to do.
Every tool is dangerous.

I agree Shield. From an early age, Dad taught us to respect tools, and to use them in a safe manner, as they were intended to be used. He also told us that when you lost respect for the tool you were using, was usually when accidents happen and people got hurt.

Even my father, as safe as he was, got cut pretty badly many years ago by a chainsaw. It kicked back, and caught him on the upper thigh. (was many years ago before they put the chain brakes on chainsaws.) Over 300 stitches to put his leg back together. Had a close friend years ago, that one kicked back on him, and he like to have lost half his foot to a chainsaw.

Yep, I have a very healthy respect for chainsaws, but still they do scare me a bit. Like Ship, I have no fear of guns, but chainsaws, they scare me! It's always in the back of my mind of people who got hurt or killed using them. And the Friday the 13th movies don't help matters any either!  :th_nuts:
I am currently have ownership on a Montgomery Wards Table-saw/planner that my Grandfather bought about 1930ish.
It has taken a piece of 3 generations so far. GP cut part of a finger off on the table saw. My father lost the tip of his pinky finger to the same. Myself donated my finger tip and finger nail to the planner several yrs ago.

All it takes is a split second lapse and they can and will bite you.

Funny thing is when I got bit by it I just sorta felt like well there ya go saw now on to the next generation.

Offline Axxe55

• 15 Yard Shooter
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »
Every tool is dangerous.

I am currently have ownership on a Montgomery Wards Table-saw/planner that my Grandfather bought about 1930ish.
It has taken a piece of 3 generations so far. GP cut part of a finger off on the table saw. My father lost the tip of his pinky finger to the same. Myself donated my finger tip and finger nail to the planner several yrs ago.

All it takes is a split second lapse and they can and will bite you.

Funny thing is when I got bit by it I just sorta felt like well there ya go saw now on to the next generation.

I agree Shield. Chainsaws are one of those power-tools you have to give your full attention to. Let your mind wander or drift to something else and they can hurt you, badly.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.