Author Topic: Generally Useless Tidbits Of Information!  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Re: Generally Useless Tidbits Of Information!
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2019, 03:50:17 PM »
My wife tells everyone all the time, that I'm her trophy husband.

JIC anyone might be curious and wanted to know!  :wave1:
That’s great Axxe. Show us the trophy.

Still waiting on it to arrive!  :wave1: :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
Generally Useless Tidbits Of Information!
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2019, 08:10:51 PM »
Well the land got some decent rain for sure.
Hopefully tomorrow it dry enough to shred. Couple low spots still have ponding this evening.

Sky looks sorta cool.

Almost looks like there are hills behind me.  There isnt.
Same direction few days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2019, 08:20:17 PM »
Cool pictures Shield.  :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2019, 10:27:57 PM »
I would so wear this shirt!  :rocknroll2:

https://www.dresslily.com/casual-totem-print-long-sleeve-product2845279.html

It's so garish and loud, it's just cool!  :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2019, 10:54:37 PM »
I'll tell you what's garish and loud. I just watched Invasion USA with Chuck Norris (1985) while sipping on some 20 year old Bourbon. That's neat you know no ice. Hilarious but surprisingly entertaining. Chuck sported custom shoulder rigs with two mini Uzi's. Kicking ass and taking names. Loved every minute of it.
As a side note Richard Lynch (Rostov) the bad guy in the movie with the burned face got that when, under the influence of LSD, he set himself on fire. A little movie trivia I looked up while watching.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »
I'll tell you what's garish and loud. I just watched Invasion USA with Chuck Norris (1985) while sipping on some 20 year old Bourbon. That's neat you know no ice. Hilarious but surprisingly entertaining. Chuck sported custom shoulder rigs with two mini Uzi's. Kicking ass and taking names. Loved every minute of it.
As a side note Richard Lynch (Rostov) the bad guy in the movie with the burned face got that when, under the influence of LSD, he set himself on fire. A little movie trivia I looked up while watching.

I watched it the other night while doing an old Chuck Norris movie marathon!

Last night the wife and I watched Marvel's "Venom" and it was pretty good. Very entertaining! :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »
I was out in the front yard, doing some measuring for a new calving pen I plan on building pretty soon. We lost three calves so far, and if we had a calving pen and got some feeder calves on the heifers before they dried up, we could have increased the herd a bit. Feeder calves are usually pretty cheap to buy. But you got to put them on a momma cow until they are weaned.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2019, 12:43:17 AM »
Quite some years ago, (honestly, many years ago!) my brother and I swapped cars for the weekend so I could do some repairs on his for him. He was living and working in Dallas at that time and lived in an apartment so he had no place to do the work himself, and the shops up there charged an arm and leg to do the work he needed done. He had at that time a 1980 Trans Am and I had a 1977 Trans Am. His was the dark maroon with a red velour interior, and a 301 V8, and mine was the medium blue metallic, with a blue vinyl interior and a slightly "warmed" over 455 V8. Both of us had upgraded the stereo systems a bit. He was still using the factory AM/FM cassette unit, with Pioneer speakers in the factory locations. Mine was running a Sony component system, with Pioneer speakers. When we traded cars, I didn't get my cassette storage container from my car, so I was sort of limited to what tapes my brother had stashed in the console, or the radio.

Well after getting the repairs done on his car that Saturday morning, I then proceeded to wash and detail his car for him and I also had a date that evening, with this cute gal I had been seeing for about a year or more at the time. Well I got cleaned up, after cleaning up his car all nice and spiffy, and was heading out of town to pick her up. Her father was a rancher and they lived on ranch outside of town, and heading down the FM highway, I plugged in a cassette that was in the console. Night Ranger, Dawn Patrol. Now my brother's listening pleasures were a bit more harder edged rock than mine, but I was really digging this tape! Now I'm tooling along about 75 mph on the FM highway out in the outer edges of the county, windows down and enjoying the early summer evening eather, and going to pick up my girlfriend. Then the song that started playing was "When You Call My Name" came on, and about half way into the song, I start hearing sirens. Foot off the gas, slowing down, turned down the stereo, I'm checking out the mirrors, but there is nothing there! So I rewound the tape a bit, and there were the sirens again!

Just thought I fixing to get another speeding ticket! Boy was I lucky!  :rocknroll2:

Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:39 AM »
I was mistaken about by niece on her graduation. The thought she was going to be valedictorian, but she got edged out by a very, very small margin, and will be salutatorian instead. She graduated her college classes last Friday, and will be entering Texas A&M with an associates degree, and she plans on majoring in advanced biology.

My brother stopped by this evening to bring us the invitations to her high school graduation, and told me of her other good news. All the seniors in her class, that had perfect attendance got their name put into a drawing. The got a chance for every semester they had perfect attendance. They then pulled ten names from the drawing and gave each one a key fob to a 2019 Toyota Corolla from the local Toyota dealer in Palestine. Who ever had the key fob that unlocked the car, won the car. Guess what? My niece won the new Toyota! All the taxes and registrations are paid for, plus insurance for one year and a $500 gas gift card.

Needless to say, I'm a very proud uncle!  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2019, 06:28:08 AM »
That is awesome AXXE.
Good luck to her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2019, 08:34:18 AM »
Congrats Niece of Axxe!
What a great idea on the car to incentivize kids to show up in high school!  The cost of the car is probably less than the cost of the kids 'Senior Skipping' much of the year.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2019, 09:10:56 AM »
sounds like one of the good kids (vs SO many not-so-good these days - kudos to her and the folks who've raised her (they deserve mucho credit)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
Thanks guys!  :th_thicon_idea:

We are very proud of her and her accomplishments. she and her sister, both work very hard for the grades they get, and participate in many scholastic events outside of regular school activities and study. Their mother, my SIL and my brother are very good parents. They have taught them good work ethics, manners and a desire to learn and study.

When I'm around them, and I compare them to many other kids of their same age and generation, I think of them as being the hope we need for the future generations to come. That there might be some hope after all.
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »
The local Toyota dealership, partnered with several of the high schools in our county to give away a Toyota to one of the top ten high school seniors with perfect attendance. My niece won the 2019 Toyota Corolla!

Now she has two cars! She had saved up her money, and my brother and his wife helped her to buy this 2018 Chevrolet Trax back in the end of February!

Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2019, 11:56:42 PM »
Keep the Toyota sell the Chevrolet.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2019, 12:04:21 AM »
Keep the Toyota sell the Chevrolet.

She's going to keep the Toyota, and my brother is going to buy the Chevrolet from her for her sister who gets her DL next year. My younger niece, Ashley is planning on going to college as well to be a lawyer! I'm putting her on my speed-dial!  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.