Author Topic: Generally Useless Tidbits Of Information!  (Read 1620 times)

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Generally Useless Tidbits Of Information!
« on: April 13, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
Sometimes there are things we want to talk about, or discuss that may not really fit into a specific section of topics, or might be not enough for it's own dedicated thread, Ya know, useless bits of information!

I'll start it off. Yesterday, I bought a new coffee-maker to replace my old one. I bought my old one at Walmart about sixteen years ago, for less than $15 IIRC. I think I got my money's worth out of it! The new one was also bought at Walmart, for about $11. It's that Walmart brand, Mainstays. A 12 cup version. I made a batch of tea last night in it, and it showed me just how slow the old one had gotten!

The wife and I went to Dollar Tree yesterday afternoon, and we bough some flower bulbs and flower seeds, that I planted yesterday for her.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Generally Useless Tidbits Of Information!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »
I'm planning on cutting my finger and toe nails later today.....(I think you're losin' it old timer.....)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »
I'm planning on cutting my finger and toe nails later today.....(I think you're losin' it old timer.....)

Okay, some information might be better kept private Tango!  :th_nuts:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
Today I beat Tango cutting a finger ... I used neosporin and superglue to seal it back up. 

After that I sealed up a hole in the attic and accidentally got my pointer finger caught in a rat trap in the process.  Well that got my attention and pretty painful.

I think I'm going to stay from sharp objects and gun ranges for the rest of the day.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »
dermo doc took a chunk outta my right shoulder - 14 stitches - now, after my shower, I'm cleaning the "wound" with Q tip/ half water/half peroxide then the Polysporin, lastly the giant bandage.....I've got dermo doc scars all over my body (I call them, dermo docs, "Mac the Knife")

wish someone wudda told me about how bad exposure to the Sun is when I was a kid, running all over those So Kal beaches - chasin' the gals.....
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline stever1950

• Junior Shooter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 05:43:49 PM »
So Kal.... Man that's sea level. Lots more atmosphere. I did my running around above 6500 ft. to 10,000 ft. Good thing I had hair then, maybe that's why I don't now. Nah, just old age...  :P
With eye surgery and the right set of readers the front sight is always perfectly in focus.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 05:50:47 PM »
I went shooting this morning. And, I try to walk everyday - 3 different times. 4-6 miles a day total. Did 4.5 miles so far, and will probably go out a 4th time today (I have more time on weekends)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
Had a BA storm move through here between 12 and 2 this afternoon.Tornado just north of us and 50-60 MPH
winds at my place. Had a dead branch about tree thirty feet up next to my house I'd been eyeing since last fall came down horizontal to the house and thankfully didn't land on anything. Heard a couple of thuds on the roof just towards the end of the storm. I paid an extra grand last year for a lifetime warranty when we had the roof replaced last year. Will be calling Monday for roofing company to come out for an inspection.

The storm was moving ENE at a pretty good clip so I would guess some of you got a taste of it.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »
I went and swept a winters worth of anti skid and mud out of my 40 x 60 garage today.
Got on the Kubota and went around cleaning debris out of the lawn,, since the warm rain yesterday turned the grass green. So wanted to get thing cleaned up BEFORE the grass starts growing.

Stopped by my Uncles farm to take a look at his fresh born calves about 1pm. . Ended up gittin roped into bagging 80 bushel of oats., Now my back is pinching and prolly real close to being blowed out for a few days.  I knew that was gonnna happpen when he want that old cast iron scale loaded up on the trailer to weigh the bags. :bangheadonwall:

Just got home to relax and its like my Dad has ESP. He called me to bring my Kubota down to his house to clean up his lawn. ( it was just to move his coal ashes,, but I KNOW how that shit works   :th_nuts:  ) . He can think up NEW and MORE things to do faster than you can do it. So I ended up cleaning up his whole yard and moving about a ton of crap to a storage trailer.  :sick2:

Just got back home,, relaxing on a heating pad.  :bangheadonwall:

I DONT think Im going to be home the rest of the night.  :th_thicon_funny:
My cell just went on the fritz.  :thumbsup1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »
Yes, the storm hit right after I went shooting

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 07:30:05 PM »
Had a BA storm move through here between 12 and 2 this afternoon.Tornado just north of us and 50-60 MPH
winds at my place. Had a dead branch about tree thirty feet up next to my house I'd been eyeing since last fall came down horizontal to the house and thankfully didn't land on anything. Heard a couple of thuds on the roof just towards the end of the storm. I paid an extra grand last year for a lifetime warranty when we had the roof replaced last year. Will be calling Monday for roofing company to come out for an inspection.

The storm was moving ENE at a pretty good clip so I would guess some of you got a taste of it.

AT, it was just NE of us. Our county, (Anderson) was one of them under the tornado watch until 2pm. We got a decent rain and lots of wind. No damage that I can see so far. Just some dead limbs that the wind knocked down. Some of the trees were bent sideways though!
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 07:56:09 PM »
It's estimated that a million hi cap rifle and pistol magazines were bought after the California ban was temporarily lifted last week. No wonder I couldn't find any for my AR in 300 Blackout. Boy's out there must of been thirsty
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 11:11:42 PM »
It's estimated that a million hi cap rifle and pistol magazines were bought after the California ban was temporarily lifted last week. No wonder I couldn't find any for my AR in 300 Blackout. Boy's out there must of been thirsty

I think my faith in about 0.0001% of California has been restored.

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 11:21:19 PM »
Ive been REALLY close to several tornado's.

Thats one thing that does scare me.

In 1985 an F5 went across PA. I was home on leave.  I seen it coming and we ran out of the trailer into the horse pasture and jumped into a big deep ravine. It was not touched down and we watched as it went right over top our trailer. Prolly about 200 feet high, and everything ( leaves, limbs, debris ) was floating up in the air into the funnel.  It pushed the trailer about a foot off the foundation in the direction of the tornado,, due east. When that thing did touch down about 4 miles away,, it flattened a state park with HUGE oak timber. The swath was 1 to 2 miles wide for 30 miles. It turned 30 inch oak tree's into kindling. The devastation was just unbelievable.

We had a German Shepherd and a Standard bred race horse mare. That mare musta had a prior bad experience with dogs, cause it would try and stomp that dog ANY chance she got. And the dog wasnt allowed to bother the horse. So the horse came here like that. When we ran past the horse, she was standing there like a statue and wouldnt move. The dog was running with us. But when we got to the ravine in the pasture, I looked back to see the dog standing right underneath the mares belly. And they stood there together until the storm past which was mere seconds. After that, that mare and dog were the best of buddys and would even play together. The mare still didnt care for other dogs, but her and that Shepherd were literally best of friends after that and would stand and lick each others faces.  :thinker:

I seen and was really close to alot of them all those years I drove truck.

The one that hit Birmingham AL in about 1990 that killed about 50 people went right down the side of the Interstate WE was on in the big truck. I stopped under an overpass cause we had NOWHERE to run or hide. It missed us by about 200 feet. But the truckstop we had just fueled at and left, was totally destroyed. The whole parking lot of trucks was piled out in the interstate median strip like a junk yard. We just left there  and I didnt even have the truck in high gear, thats how close we came to getting it. I think it was an F4. Middle of the day and it went from daylight into total dark in seconds. With baseball size hail. Had it not been for that underpass, we wouldnt of had any windshields.

BOTH of those tornado's sounded like a locomotive. 

Not a damn thing you can do about tornado's  either, except PRAY and try to get outta the way. 

I seen several dozen little ones in Iowa and Nebraska.  Just stopped and watched them go on past. On I 80. if you were running east and they were ahead of you,, ur good, just slow down. If they were coming behind you,, mash that Caterpillar and out run it.

If yoou were going west,, that could get tricky, depending on whether you were north or south of it. They always semm to run north east. So south of it, ur good, north of it,, you tried to get west of it before it got to  you. That could get hairy and scary.

I seen a big one out by Midland,  Tx  one afternoon. I was heading west and it was heading east on the south side of I 20. I thought that one was gonna get me. It came right to the edge of the Interstate, then turned due east. So that was a narrow escape. No hail,, just a little rain and lots of debris floating around. But the funnel and clouds  was black as night. It looked a helluva lot nastier than it actually was. Maybe an F2. What tipped me off to the twister  was I could see the lightning about 5 miles out. Now it was the worst lightning I ever seen in any storm.

But  when you see what they can do ?   :facepalm:  NOPE.. DONT WANT NONE.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 11:37:46 PM »

I'll bet they were hungry. Last I heard,, ANYTHING over 9 rounds was high cap in komieforia.

One of my buddys said they were trying to get a law in CA where the ONLY legal pistol to conceal carry had to had a 5' barrel. 
The specs fit a full size standard 1911 perfectly.

But Ive NEVER figured out HOW to conceal carry a FS 1911 w/ 5' bbl. ?  :facepalm:

I  dont think it can hardly be done without printing. I know Im not big enough to hide one.

Which I think was their EXACT point.  :bangheadonwall:

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »

I'll bet they were hungry. Last I heard,, ANYTHING over 9 rounds was high cap in komieforia.

One of my buddys said they were trying to get a law in CA where the ONLY legal pistol to conceal carry had to had a 5' barrel. 
The specs fit a full size standard 1911 perfectly.

But Ive NEVER figured out HOW to conceal carry a FS 1911 w/ 5' bbl. ?  :facepalm:

I  dont think it can hardly be done without printing. I know Im not big enough to hide one.

Which I think was their EXACT point.  :bangheadonwall:

That was why back some years ago, I bought a Springfield Armory Micro Compact 45, which looks almost identical to the EMP 9 and 40.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-emp-40-cal/
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »
... my 40 x 60 garage today.
Dammmm Im jealous!

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 09:18:25 AM »
... my 40 x 60 garage today.
Dammmm Im jealous!

No need for that.

My ONLY point by posting the size was,,, Its just a BIGGER mess to clean up.   :bangheadonwall: :th_thicon_funny:

Online Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 10:36:26 AM »
That's what I end up with, a bigger mess to clean up!  :bangheadonwall:
Misguided Miscreant!
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 12:24:47 PM »
That's what I end up with, a bigger mess to clean up!  :bangheadonwall:

The REAL problem with garages,, and their Size,, is they are generally ALREADY FULL,, BEFORE you even build them.  :th_thicon_lol: