Author Topic: What Up For Dinner Tonight?  (Read 34191 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: What Up For Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #640 on: May 17, 2020, 12:16:13 PM »
Well I had the wife do some cleaning out of the chest freezer in the garage this morning. My brother called yesterday afternoon, and asked if I had any room in my freezers. He got one of the year old bulls butchered the other day, and is going to bring us quite a bit of fresh beef! Cool.

Well she went through it this morning, and found quite a bit in there that has probably been in there two long anyways, but she ran across a package of nice looking steaks that haven't been in there too long, and put them in the fridge to defrost. So tonight I'm going to grill some steaks and make some baked potatoes for dinner.

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 18, 2020, 05:48:40 AM »
Boiled ham with cabbage and potatoes.
Its what ya do when WalMart substitutes cabbage head for lettuce in your grocery order and you have some ham in the freezer.

My inner Yankee came out a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #642 on: May 18, 2020, 06:55:11 AM »
Well since Ship didn't have a vodka martini, maybe I'll have one with my peanut butter and jelly sammiches!  :th_thicon_lol: :P :rocknroll2: :th_thicon_funny:

Yea, I don't drink. And with reflux, I can't even have ice tea or soda anymore. Milk and water is all... Ugggg

Have you tried Prilosec? That so far has been the best thing for my acid reflux. I still have occasional flare-ups with acid reflux and heartburn, but Prilosec does work pretty good for me.

I have to take prescription strength Nexium, or it bugs me daily. Doesn't matter what I eat. IT feels like my asthma is bothering me, but it is actually the reflux

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 18, 2020, 11:54:35 PM »
Well since Ship didn't have a vodka martini, maybe I'll have one with my peanut butter and jelly sammiches!  :th_thicon_lol: :P :rocknroll2: :th_thicon_funny:

Yea, I don't drink. And with reflux, I can't even have ice tea or soda anymore. Milk and water is all... Ugggg

Have you tried Prilosec? That so far has been the best thing for my acid reflux. I still have occasional flare-ups with acid reflux and heartburn, but Prilosec does work pretty good for me.

I have to take prescription strength Nexium, or it bugs me daily. Doesn't matter what I eat. IT feels like my asthma is bothering me, but it is actually the reflux

I have been prescribed the Nexium as well. For me, the Prilosec seems to work better.

Steak and chicken fajitas tonight! Ranchero beans, Spanish rice and all the fixings!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #644 on: May 19, 2020, 10:10:16 AM »
Prilosec just had a lot of problems with cancer causing agents in the medicine. They even waited to pull it right after it hit the news. I even mentioned it to the HEB pharmacy when the news had been out a week - and they knew nothing about it. It was finally pulled from shelves a week later. I don't know if they have resolved the problem - and if it is back. I have not been into a grocery store for over 2 months

They actually gave me another medicine - Protonix. But, it made me dizzy for 2-3 weeks that I took it. I finally had to quit

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 19, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »
Prilosec just had a lot of problems with cancer causing agents in the medicine. They even waited to pull it right after it hit the news. I even mentioned it to the HEB pharmacy when the news had been out a week - and they knew nothing about it. It was finally pulled from shelves a week later. I don't know if they have resolved the problem - and if it is back. I have not been into a grocery store for over 2 months

They actually gave me another medicine - Protonix. But, it made me dizzy for 2-3 weeks that I took it. I finally had to quit

The OTC Nexium is back out in the stores again. I knew they had pulled it off the shelves, for some reason to do with possible cancer causing problems, or something. Not for sure of all the details though.

I haven't tried Protonix.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 19, 2020, 01:37:46 PM »
Taco Tuesday Tonight!  :rocknroll2:

Served with some Spanish rice, refried beans, chips and salsa!  :wave1:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #647 on: May 19, 2020, 03:55:46 PM »

The OTC Nexium is back out in the stores again. I knew they had pulled it off the shelves, for some reason to do with possible cancer causing problems, or something. Not for sure of all the details though.

It was OTC Prilosec that was pulled, not Nexium. But, it's out again? Ok. The prescription Nexium I take is 2x the strength of the OTC stuff. And, it's actually cheaper thru the pharmacy than buying it OTC

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2020, 04:00:42 PM »

It was OTC Prilosec that was pulled, not Nexium. But, it's out again? Ok. The prescription Nexium I take is 2x the strength of the OTC stuff. And, it's actually cheaper thru the pharmacy than buying it OTC

I knew one of them had been pulled from the stores, but it appears both are back out on the shelves again. Don't know exactly what the details were though.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 20, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »
The wife is making chicken spaghetti tonight with garlic toast, and a green salad!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »
The chicken spaghetti was awesome! We ate it for two days, and I took some to my father yesterday.

Last night, it was a pepperoni and mushroom pizza with a Shiner beer.  :rocknroll2:

Offline PEMDAS

• Range Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 23, 2020, 05:10:15 PM »
Tonight I’m making linguini with marinara and sausages. A nice salad on the side

Offline Shield45

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 23, 2020, 07:56:25 PM »
On the land. Made this. Sausage potato’s tomato’s and onions cooked on the ol camp stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 23, 2020, 08:43:09 PM »
I made a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich, along with a baked potato loaded up with sour cream, real butter and real bacon bits!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 24, 2020, 12:46:46 PM »
Tonight? Steaks grilled outside, baked potatoes, simple salad and some toast made from some nice French bread the wife picked up at the store.  :rocknroll2:

I have a Shiner Premium that should go well with the steaks!  :rocknroll2:

And the steaks are from right across the road! My brother had one of his yearling bulls butchered last week and brought us huge box of beef the other day. Got another one being fattened up now getting ready to be butchered!

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 24, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
Grilled boneless ribs ,potato salad and sweet corn.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 25, 2020, 05:11:37 PM »
Hamburgers grilled last night, along with some homemade french fries, and cole slaw.  :rocknroll2:

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 26, 2020, 05:59:30 PM »
Last night's hamburgers were awesome! Tonight, the wife is thinking of making fajitas with the chicken I grilled the other night. I think some Spanish rice and ranchero beans would go good with them!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #658 on: May 26, 2020, 06:02:48 PM »
Frozen pizza....

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 26, 2020, 07:31:43 PM »
WHATABURGER BBQ  bacon burger and fries.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.