Author Topic: What Up For Dinner Tonight?  (Read 46322 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
Re: What Up For Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #740 on: August 31, 2020, 12:59:26 PM »
Friday night I made a sort of taco soup for us to eat. It was pretty danged good!

Saturday evening the wife took me out to the Stockman's Cafe for dinner. I had the fried catfish, with french fries, jalapeno hush puppies, cole slaw, and fresh made bread. We shared a fried pickle appetizer and they were wonderful!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 02, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »
The wife and I went into Elkhart yesterday evening to the grocery store and bought some huge baking potatoes for dinner. We stopped and got some chopped brisket, and BBQ sauce as well. So we had some loaded BBQ baked potatoes for dinner last night and they were pretty danged good!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 05, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »
This evening, I plan on grilling some burgers, hot dogs, sausages, and then firing up the smoker to do a whole chicken, and a pork loin. The wife picked up some really nice looking T-bones yesterday at the grocery store, and I'll grill those Monday evening.

Going to fix some potato salad, baked beans, and some homemade french fries as well. We have a loaf of French bread in the freezer, I might make some grilled garlic bread with that too.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 14, 2020, 10:02:32 PM »
Friday when the wife was grocery shopping at Kroger's, they had their briskets on sale for $1.88 a pound. I started smoking it on Saturday, and smoked it for almost 15 hours. I think it's probably my best ever brisket!

She made a huge batch of potato salad, baked beans and macaroni salad to go with it. I also smoked some St. Louis style pork ribs as well. Those turned out wonderful.

Sunday afternoon I grilled some burgers, hot dogs, sausages and chicken breasts. We got enough the eat on for a couple of days!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 16, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »
Last night, I chopped up some brisket, heated up some tortillas, added some refried beans, lettuce, onions, and tomato, then topped with shredded cheese, and some salsa.

Brisket tacos!  :rocknroll2:

Offline Txhillbilly

• Can Rack the Slide
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2020, 10:01:26 AM »
I picked up a couple of those brisket's after talking to you. Just put one of them on the smoker a couple minutes ago. I'm gonna call my sister,and meet everyone at mom & dad's house tomorrow for a feast!

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 17, 2020, 11:42:18 PM »
I picked up a couple of those brisket's after talking to you. Just put one of them on the smoker a couple minutes ago. I'm gonna call my sister,and meet everyone at mom & dad's house tomorrow for a feast!

I bet that it turns out as good as mind did. I was just in shock at the price of them.

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 18, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »
The wifes home made chili tonight.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 21, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »
I made soft tacos last night, with all the fixings. Made some brisket nachos too.

Tomorrow night, we are having steak and shrimp. The wife picked up some really nice looking Kansas City strip steaks the other day, and she's going to pick up some shrimp tomorrow afternoon. We have a nice loaf of French bread that I plan on putting some garlic butter on and grilling as well. Also maybe a nice dinner salad to go along with everything.

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 03, 2020, 04:33:29 PM »
Grilling the wife her favorite catfish and I'am going to finish the home made chili.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline Axxe55

• Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #750 on: October 03, 2020, 07:26:54 PM »
Wife made enchiladas last night, so it's leftovers tonight.

She picked up some more shrimp yesterday, and some really nice porterhouse steaks that were on sale, so I'm grilling steak and shrimp tomorrow evening for dinner.