Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Shield45

• Gun Junkie
    • View Profile
What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »
Tango sounds just like my 86yo father as far as radio/music.

I keep the eagle 106.7 classic rock on at the shop during business hrs. Repetitive as all get out.

Refuse to pay sirrus or others for subscription radio.

If I want to listen to what I want I have music on various platforms available.

My commute is 15 min each way.
Usually it seems commercials is all I get so its down or off all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riattta

• Military
  • 15 Yard Shooter
  • NRA RSO
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2019, 08:49:11 AM »
I think it was a houston station where there used to be a 2 or 3 hour program that played '40s music (actually a decade before my time) - the DJ seemed to know everything there was to know about the music and performers and would pass that along before or after a selection - was the best station I'd ever listened to.....but, the station dropped it and replaced him with a damned sports talk garbage program

what I'm trying to say is.....there's not much available for me to appreciate in the "listening to" department
That was most likely the Paul Berlin Show . Paul Berlin has Passed but KSEV 700AM out of houston re-plays his shows 6 to 8 on saturday nights. 

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2019, 09:19:37 AM »
One thing I really enjoyed listening to on the radio are baseball games.  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Always in the 10 Ring
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »

That was most likely the Paul Berlin Show . Paul Berlin has Passed but KSEV 700AM out of houston re-plays his shows 6 to 8 on saturday nights.

I believe you're correct - enjoyed that program mucho (too bad about his passing)

and.....I'm unable to receive that station via radio where I'm living now, but, will let my fingers do the walking over the internet and see if I can get it

thanks

later :  found it - https://tunein.com/radio/Paul-Berlin-p48991/
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Axxe55

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »

I believe you're correct - enjoyed that program mucho (too bad about his passing)

and.....I'm unable to receive that station via radio where I'm living now, but, will let my fingers do the walking over the internet and see if I can get it

thanks

later :  found it - https://tunein.com/radio/Paul-Berlin-p48991/

Lots of radio stations can now be streamed over the internet. I think many did this to stay viable with so many people going to smart phones, tablets, and computers. With many vehicles now able to link up via Bluetooth or through a USB port, they can stream the same radio station regardless of where the station broadcasts from.
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.
"I have one nerve left, and it seems there is that one idiot that feels the need to get on it."
"Go ahead, make my day." Dirty Harry. (Carries a 44 Magnum. Nuf said.)