Author Topic: Texas, USA!  (Read 266 times)

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
Texas, USA!
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:44:56 AM »
Is there another state her in this United States, that is as great as Texas? NOPE!

Look at all this great state offers. Just about any environment a person could ever want, for a place to live or to travel to for a vacation, or relaxing. We also have some of the greatest food and cuisine any discerning palate would ever want to eat. Tex-Mex, BBQ brisket, German, seafood, and chili too!

Texas has some really great things that call it home. The Alamo, George Strait, Willie Nelson, the Astrodome, bluebonnets, the Texas Rangers, (both the LE agency and the baseball team!) and even Chuck Norris thought Texas was so great, that he decided to make it his home! (and Chuck ain't ever wrong,!)

And what about music? So many greats come from Texas.

Yep! I love Texas. In the immortal words of Davy Crockett, "Ya'll can go to hell, I'm going to Texas!"

Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Texas, USA!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 07:46:12 AM »
to answer the question.....I don't know, but.....

IF politics were put aside (and it could revert to "the way it used to be") I'd have to say that Kalifornia would beat out Tejas in a heartbeat

no need to explain - is simply would
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
IF politics were put aside (and it could revert to "the way it used to be") I'd have to say that Kalifornia would beat out Tejas in a heartbeat

Word A.F.

This place is no longer what it used to be, and that's really saying something because I haven't been alive nearly as long as some of the rest of you fellas and I can still see the changes taking place.

A coworker of mine pointed out that Texas only narrowly beat out becoming a blue state in the last election cycle by like 6-8 percentage points for total votes for Democrat candidates. That's a friggin' HORRIBLE margin considering this state used to be a Republican stronghold hardcore enough to cancel out Kommiefornia's lunacy.

Now days you can't seem to throw a rock around here without risking hitting somebody wearing a shirt with the Kali state flag on it, or dressed up in whatever ridiculous came-from-the-factory-already-torn-up rags that pass for 'fashion' around there.

I loved this state, but I have serious concerns for its future.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 03:02:55 PM »
I am from Louisiana, but have been here for just over 1/2 my life now. 23 years in both states.

I went back home this past week for the first time in 15 years. Just got back last night.

As much as I enjoyed seeing my home town, and all the changes - I like Texas better. And, I would not move away.

Online Shield45

• Can Pass the CHL Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 08:12:42 PM »
Came to Texas in 1976 rom Vermont. Which now sucks by the way. Would not really want to be in any other state in US.

As long as we can slow/stop the liberal wave Texas will remain great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Gilgondorin

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • .: Gear of War :.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »
Fat, FAT chance.

The blues are progressively making their home states more and more intolerable -- the exodus from the blue states to the red states by people searching for better economic conditions is going to spread their foolishness like wildfire. I hate to say it but I really think we're going to wind up a giant United States of England within the next 60 years if this keeps going the way it is.

Offline randyjaco

• Professional Target Hanger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 06:26:12 PM »
I was born in New Hampshire. I have lived in Ohio, Florida, grew up primarily in Mississippi, as an adult lived in Tennessee, North Carolina, Hawaii, California an finally to Texas in 2005. Also spent a year in Spain. Texas is the only place I have ever wanted to call home. Whenever I go to visit relatives, in less than 24 hours I am more than ready to return home to Texas. I am damn sorry I didn't discover it sooner.

Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
My Texas native wife tells me I'm a Yankee, having been born just across the Red River.  But I got here by the time I could crawl. 

Does that count?

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 06:07:54 AM »
My Texas native wife tells me I'm a Yankee, having been born just across the Red River.  But I got here by the time I could crawl. 

Does that count?

TXAZ, there are two types of Texans. Those born here, and those who get here just as fast as they can!  :wave1:

To be honest, I am the only one of my father's children of six, and I'm the oldest, that was born outside of Texas. I was born outside of Denver Colorado, when my father was stationed there during his Air Force service.  I think he was stationed there about eight more months, before being transferred to the Air Force base outside of Austin, where my brother was born. I don't even really have any memories of Colorado since I was so young at the time.

But, I have called Texas home ever since!  :rocknroll2:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.