Author Topic: Pocket Pistols  (Read 791 times)

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
Pocket Pistols
« on: March 12, 2019, 03:00:55 PM »

Yeah its like that... :)

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket Pistols
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »
"A high capacity clip can help compensate..."

Well that pretty well summed up the credibility of this video for me :th_thicon_lol:

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »

Well that pretty well summed up the credibility of this video for me :th_thicon_lol:

My personal fav was the 32acp rounds falling off the target.. Course the N frame ankle gun was impressive too.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:56:23 PM »
Thanks for the laugh. :th_thicon_funny:
Yeah that snub nose magnum, looked like a 3 inch Model 15 or 19, weighs about two pounds when loaded and would be like having a brick around your ankle. Guess that would be OK with cargo shorts and tube socks.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 04:00:06 PM »
Bottom line, ANYTHING is better than NOTHING.

But I will carry the best thing I am able to carry, that will STOP the threat the fastest.  :th_thicon_idea:

So far, for the past 30 + years,  a 9mm w/ FMJ  is as small as I go.

Ive read to many stories about ER Dr's sending people home that were shot with some REALLY popular calibers, sent home with bandaides on the "wounds".

( and they were not 22 calibers either,, at least they penetrate. )
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »
I would invite either the guy in front of the camera or the video’s narrator to stand in front of my 380, loaded with today’s ammunition - let’s see if I get any takers. 
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »
Sounds like a video game, .45 = 45 points, haha that’s some funny $h!t.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 10:26:49 PM »
Sounds like a video game, .45 = 45 points, haha that’s some funny $h!t.

That dumbazz seems like he may have played a little too much Call to Duty.

I believe he may need a reality check.  :th_thicon_lol:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline Ranger99

• Has Trigger Control
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 02:19:57 PM »

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ^
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 02:47:46 PM »

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ^

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTLY!!!

I held 2 burglars at bay with a serious club (It looked IDENTICAL to an (empty) 12Ga auto :) and made the very same sound racking the slide as a 12 Ga being racked ) for 20 minutes while the cops were enroute.
Didn't have time to load it.
Yea, anything is better than nothing, but hopefully it's loaded. ;)

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
I would invite either the guy in front of the camera or the video’s narrator to stand in front of my 380, loaded with today’s ammunition - let’s see if I get any takers.

I made a similar post on another forum a few years back (well maybe 16 years now) on a discussion about the effectiveness of handgun ammo and its ability to stop a threat.  With the rhetorical question: pick one of my guns (caliber his choice as well) and stand in front of me and let's see what it will do - he vehemently accused me of threatening to shoot him - and claimed he was going to report my threat to my employer (CBP) at the time.  He didn't do that; a year or so later he called my wife a Colombian Crack Whore - I wouldn't shoot him for that; as ignorant as he is - he deserves to live and let people see just how much of a dumbass he really is...

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 09:50:28 PM »

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ^

I seen a guy that could have been playing a linebacker for the NFL , charging another little guy he was plainly going to attack, AGAIN,  get dropped like a bad habit from ONE shot center mass from a 22 magnum derringer.

It not only stopped his forward momentum, he hit the ground like a  wet cow pattie..
He layed on the ground crying like a baby. There was NO WAY he was getting back up and doing anything. We decided it was a good time to leave, but I heard he was still laying there bawling when EMS arrived.
 ( Confusous say,,, " wise man dont see things like that, especially when they deserved it,"  :facepalm: He had already assaulted several people, one being the little guy who dropped him )

We been using 22 mag on the farm for fifty years. I grew up using one for everything from chuck hunting, turkey,  deer hunting ( head shots) , to putting pigs and cows down for butcher. It is a nasty round and the ballistics makes one helluva nasty wound channel. 
When my wife wanted her first EDC, it was a Ruger LCR  revolver, 22 mag. She now carrys a CZ Rami 9mm 99% of the time,, but she kept the LCR and still carrys it some.

22 magnum has better gel penetration than a standard .38 and will zip right on through MOST kevlar vest.

I would NOT want shot with a 22 magnum.

Offline Axxe55

• Single Stage Reloader
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »
Okay, I can finally post an answer since I stopped laughing, (well sort of!)  :th_thicon_funny:

What a moron!  :th_nuts:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 12:07:12 AM »
Just my opinion here but I don't think the guy in the video is in anyway serious. He took what is probably the most debatable on line topic or argument for many firearm enthusiasts, what caliber has the best "stopping" power, gave the video a title that ensured more than a few looks "Real men don't carry pocket pistols" then sat back for the fun.
To me, again my opinion, I really don't care and would never second guess what your decision on what caliber handgun you carry, the size or type of firearm you prefer for SD or HD, what gel test proves this, what internet expert says what, if S&W is better than Ruger or if you carry concealed, open or pocket and, frankley, is it any of my business .38 Special is my ammo choice for SD and I load my Detective Special with 90  grain Hornandy FTX Critical Defense Lite and I'm comfortable with that.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:00 AM »
Could be Alte.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 12:35:53 AM »
Came back to delete that last paragraph as after thinking about it I thought it might come off as a little harsh. Father passed away yesterday and have been self medicating. Everyone but my grandson is off to bed and I'm hoping to soon follow. It's been a long day.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 01:01:48 AM »
Sorry for your loss Alte.

Online busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 02:07:11 AM »
Sorry for your loss Alte.
I Second that; sorry, it’s a big loss.  I lost my father two years ago (Mar 4th).
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline Ranger99

• Has Trigger Control
  • God bless Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 01:47:29 PM »

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ^

I seen a guy that could have been playing a linebacker for the NFL , charging another little guy he was plainly going to attack, AGAIN,  get dropped like a bad habit from ONE shot center mass from a 22 magnum derringer.

It not only stopped his forward momentum, he hit the ground like a  wet cow pattie..
He layed on the ground crying like a baby. There was NO WAY he was getting back up and doing anything. We decided it was a good time to leave, but I heard he was still laying there bawling when EMS arrived.
 ( Confusous say,,, " wise man dont see things like that, especially when they deserved it,"  :facepalm: He had already assaulted several people, one being the little guy who dropped him )

We been using 22 mag on the farm for fifty years. I grew up using one for everything from chuck hunting, turkey,  deer hunting ( head shots) , to putting pigs and cows down for butcher. It is a nasty round and the ballistics makes one helluva nasty wound channel. 
When my wife wanted her first EDC, it was a Ruger LCR  revolver, 22 mag. She now carrys a CZ Rami 9mm 99% of the time,, but she kept the LCR and still carrys it some.

22 magnum has better gel penetration than a standard .38 and will zip right on through MOST kevlar vest.

I would NOT want shot with a 22 magnum.

^ ^ THIS AGAIN ^ ^

just my personal decision- i don't have any 9mm luger firearms, mainly because i was
unhappy with the 3 i'd bought and used, but also because of a friend's (nephew or
whatever he was ) that was a sheriff's deputy in far east Texas that had to shoot a
suspect twice in the face. the bullets skidded along the guy's cheekbones and out the
back of his ear. i say this fully realizing and acknowledging that many are rendered
very dead every day by 9mm luger firearms and pellet guns and claw hammers and
and broken bottle necks.

any firearm beats a sharp stick or the best tacticool expensive folder wielded
by the most highly trained mall ninja any day of the year
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 10:31:44 AM »
Obviously a little levity missed the mark...

Here is another one, just to twist the panties further.