Author Topic: You know your ammo sux when....  (Read 393 times)

Offline AKM-47

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
You know your ammo sux when....
« on: February 16, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
You know your ammo sux when the handgun your shooting it through chokes on it

I fired the TP9SF and CZ today

The TP9 is from Turkey as was the ammo (ZQI 9mm NATO) and the gun ckoked on it

It stove piped and chambering was real bad

The CZ chewed it up with no problem

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: You know your ammo sux when....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »
Some guns will shoot *anything* that fits the chamber (Sig P226) and some are incredibly finickey (Desert Eagle .44 Mag) from my experience.  Looks like you've found a finickey one.

Offline AKM-47

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 08:06:57 PM »
Some guns will shoot *anything* that fits the chamber (Sig P226) and some are incredibly finickey (Desert Eagle .44 Mag) from my experience.  Looks like you've found a finickey one.

Next I put Hornady critical duty & critical defense through it without any problems

Every thing after the ZQI worked fine

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 02:46:16 PM »
My CZ's have run anything and everything Ive ever tried right through.

Ive certainly had some ammo that was ftf, & squibing so bad I burnt it up in  a revolver just to get rid of it. I think it may have been stored improperly and got wet before I bought it.
Generally, Ive found alot of the cheaper or generic ammo had major accuracy issues due to uneven powder loads, excessive dirt/residue,  and just plain poor QC. Reliability was very poor. So I just dont buy it anymore..
I shoot almost exclusively CCI Blazer brass now. In my area, its always available and priced right by the case.
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".