Author Topic: with dad at the range  (Read 293 times)

Offline JAR

• Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
with dad at the range
« on: February 12, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »
My dad is  years old 82 ( and a Marine. For the last few weeks heís been wanting to shoot my Garand and his 380. I set up,my friends and picked him up to for a quick range day. I packed the Garand and my AR along with my 870 slug gun and my hunting 06 - 7600 Remington. Itís been pretty hot here so I didnít know how long we could be out there.
He packed his 380, which I believe heís never fired. My club range is very primitive as itís just a asphalt millings pile we shoot at for a back stop. We set up some targets and started at 20 yards. Dad fired 3 -7 round mags and pulled a nice 8Ē group, a bit high but a nice group. I fired the slug gun to check the scope and confirmed itís ready for deer season. I handed him my AR and he fired a 10 round mag. He was impressed with the velocity and comfort of a AR. I handed him a 8 round clip for the Garand and he loaded it just like he was trained to. He fired the clip, smiled and handed it back to me saying ď itís a bit heavier than I remember. We carried them all day and never gave it a thought.Ē That was enough for him. Iím kinda hoping he wants to shoot it some more when it cools off a bit.

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: with dad at the range
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 05:34:27 AM »
.."cools off a bit"..  -  where the heck are you ? - must be somewhere other than E Tejas
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:23:38 AM »
.."cools off a bit"..  -  where the heck are you ? - must be somewhere other than E Tejas
My thoughts exactly,,,,,,
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »
hmmmmm - was thinkin' maybe Hawaii but they just had snow (and it never really gets "too" hot there anyway ('cept close to madam Pele.....))

Australia maybe
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum