Author Topic: Latest acquisition for HD  (Read 198 times)

Offline busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
Latest acquisition for HD
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:33:32 PM »
New dedicated home defense (nightstand) gun.  Got a few others in various rooms scattered around the house but up until now, I’ve typically just put my EDC within bedside reach.  That happens to be a Beretta Px4 Storm Compact in 9mm. 

Decided to keep a dedicated full size Px4 Storm in .45ACP next to the bed (10+1):

Only a couple improvements to be done; put a Streamlight TLR2 - Green laser light on it:

And ordered Trijicon nights sights for it.  In the process of installing / fitting them now:

Folks talk about how difficult it is to remove factory sights from a Springfield XD series pistol.  They ain’t got nuthin’ on Beretta’s Px4 Storm series.  I’ve done both and the Beretta wins hands down.  I swore when I changed out the compact to night sights, I’d never do that again.  Well, as the old saying goes.... never say never!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:02:58 AM by busykngt »
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
Re: Latest acquisition for HD
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:31 AM »
I have carried my Beretta PX4 compact every day since I got my license. I removed a small detent ball and converted it from a model F to a model G. On the model G the safety lever only acts as a decocker. No safety.
It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:06:46 AM »
Congrats.

Sights on a Beretta only go in and out 1 way (1 direction)

Offline Geoman

• Owns a Gunbelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »
Great gun.  My first EDC pistol and used it to qualify.  Sold it as I thought it was too big to conceal.  Have since learned how to conceal better and am Jonesing for another.  I find the rotating barrel tames the .45 really well.  Good call and pistol.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Offline busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
Latest acquisition for HD
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »
Well, the Trijicon Tritium night sights are installed.... turned out okay.  Just need to get to the range and get the laser zero’d in.  Got it loaded up with ball/range ammo for now; probably will use Federal HST when it’s bedside. 

Px4 Storm .45 cal = $388 (on sale @ Cabela’s just after Christmas) came with one 9-rd & one 10-rd magazine.

Bought five more 10-rd magazines on sale @ Cabela’s for $29.88 each.  Used my Cabela’s points, so gun & magazines were “free”.

Streamlight TLR-2G from Optics Planet for $267.

Trijicon Trintium Night Sights from Optics Planet for $107.  So I’m into it total about $375 (hard cash, out of pocket) - not too bad for a very decent HD setup.

In order to protect the clear lens on the weapons light from excessive burnt powder residue while at the range, I do rubber-band a plastic covering from a “baggie” or plastic wrap over it.  (Obviously not for the shots it takes to zero the laser).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:22:45 AM by busykngt »
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP