Author Topic: Latest acquisition for HD  (Read 664 times)

Offline busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
Latest acquisition for HD
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:33:32 PM »
New dedicated home defense (nightstand) gun.  Got a few others in various rooms scattered around the house but up until now, I’ve typically just put my EDC within bedside reach.  That happens to be a Beretta Px4 Storm Compact in 9mm. 

Decided to keep a dedicated full size Px4 Storm in .45ACP next to the bed (10+1):

Only a couple improvements to be done; put a Streamlight TLR2 - Green laser light on it:

And ordered Trijicon nights sights for it.  In the process of installing / fitting them now:

Folks talk about how difficult it is to remove factory sights from a Springfield XD series pistol.  They ain’t got nuthin’ on Beretta’s Px4 Storm series.  I’ve done both and the Beretta wins hands down.  I swore when I changed out the compact to night sights, I’d never do that again.  Well, as the old saying goes.... never say never!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:02:58 AM by busykngt »
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline Ceejmo

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • ἀνδρίζομαι
    • View Profile
Re: Latest acquisition for HD
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 05:14:31 AM »
I have carried my Beretta PX4 compact every day since I got my license. I removed a small detent ball and converted it from a model F to a model G. On the model G the safety lever only acts as a decocker. No safety.
It's hard to free people from the chains of stupidity when they wear them like jewelry.
Freedom or free stuff, you only get one.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:06:46 AM »
Congrats.

Sights on a Beretta only go in and out 1 way (1 direction)

Offline Geoman

• Owns a Gunbelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »
Great gun.  My first EDC pistol and used it to qualify.  Sold it as I thought it was too big to conceal.  Have since learned how to conceal better and am Jonesing for another.  I find the rotating barrel tames the .45 really well.  Good call and pistol.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Offline busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
Latest acquisition for HD
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »
Well, the Trijicon Tritium night sights are installed.... turned out okay.  Just need to get to the range and get the laser zero’d in.  Got it loaded up with ball/range ammo for now; probably will use Federal HST when it’s bedside. 

Px4 Storm .45 cal = $388 (on sale @ Cabela’s just after Christmas) came with one 9-rd & one 10-rd magazine.

Bought five more 10-rd magazines on sale @ Cabela’s for $29.88 each.  Used my Cabela’s points, so gun & magazines were “free”.

Streamlight TLR-2G from Optics Planet for $267.

Trijicon Trintium Night Sights from Optics Planet for $107.  So I’m into it total about $375 (hard cash, out of pocket) - not too bad for a very decent HD setup.

In order to protect the clear lens on the weapons light from excessive burnt powder residue while at the range, I do rubber-band a plastic covering from a “baggie” or plastic wrap over it.  (Obviously not for the shots it takes to zero the laser).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:22:45 AM by busykngt »
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline Jeb_66

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Same S#!± Different Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
Looks good!  I love the Px4 series. I have 2. I have been wanting to try the 45 version out, but never had the chance.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Jeb
"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."?

"...........Not that I'm into hugging dudes..........."