Author Topic: What's the total capacity of all of your magazines?  (Read 1135 times)

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
What's the total capacity of all of your magazines?
« on: January 29, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
Just curious, I have 38 magazines that hold a total of 477 rounds.  Is that in line with what you guys have?

Offline busykngt

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:07:04 PM »
Uhh... no.
[...a few more] 
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
Re: What's the total capacity of all of your magazines?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 07:07:52 PM »
In total of all guns of any caliber? Damn, I would have to count then multiply and then solve for X...well I’m not good at math.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Online Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »
not even close....   

I pretty much been stockpiling AR mags, Glock 33rds and other pistol mags that would be considered for a ban for years..

« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:56:49 PM by Tarosean »

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:36:26 PM »
No, I have more  :P

Offline dred

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 10:13:03 PM »
Enough that I'd be sure to under count on the first 5 or 6 tries.  I'll guess that I could match that round count before I finished tallying pistol round capacity.  While I was typing I confirmed 400 round capacity in 20 round 223/556/300BO mags; 8 rounds total in .308 and 42 rounds total in 12g.

This flip'n question is gonna make me gather and sort my mags 'cause it's interesting to consider how much many times I'd cycle them to burn through my ammo.

Offline Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 06:07:32 PM »
not even close....   

I pretty much been stockpiling AR mags, Glock 33rds and other pistol mags that would be considered for a ban for years..
Same here. AR, 9mm carbine and hi cap pistol mags. Several for each and I'm not going to try and guess the count.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline busykngt

• Ex-Army (former cannon cocker)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »
As I’ve said before about my ammo “stockpile”, my magazine “arsenal” would probably also ‘make the evening news’!   With them using just those terms. 
GOA Lifemember/NRA Endowment member/TSRA/CMP

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 02:13:00 AM »

Keep workin on it TXAZ.  :th_thicon_funny:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:59:13 PM by DCD327 »
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 01:12:44 PM »
An interesting question - however I haven't got a clue how many magazines I do have!  I have 4 plastic storage boxes full of magazines!  Probably the lion's share of them are 1911 magazines.

What's more important - is not how many guns or magazines you own - is how much ammo you have!

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »
An interesting question - however I haven't got a clue how many magazines I do have!  I have 4 plastic storage boxes full of magazines!  Probably the lion's share of them are 1911 magazines.

What's more important - is not how many guns or magazines you own - is how much ammo you have!

What's more important - is not how many guns or magazines you own - is how much ammo you have,,,,

and whether or not you are able and willing to use it , IF AND WHEN  the time comes,,,    :thumbsup1:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Offline 308nato

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »
690 rds. for my AK mags and about 3 dozen stripper clips for my SKS and Mosin's.
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
Thomas Jefferson.

Caedite eos.Novitenim Donimus Qui Sunteius.

The new ballet of good over evil is called
The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie.

Offline randyjaco

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 06:10:20 PM »
Enough to send the main stream media into cardiac arrest and get me headline coverage status 8-)
Randy
Do yourself a favor, find America One News Network (OANN) on your cable carrier. 208 on Uverse. News without the Network BS or bias

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again." (Unknown)

"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)

Offline cwo4uscgret

• Law Enforcement Officer
  • Rimfire Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 04:43:50 PM »

What's more important - is not how many guns or magazines you own - is how much ammo you have,,,,

and whether or not you are able and willing to use it , IF AND WHEN  the time comes,,,    :thumbsup1:

DCD327 - Rest assured, if I find myself in a situation that will require using one of my firearms to stop a threat - the threat will be stopped.

Offline ArmedTexan

• Single Stage Reloader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 08:40:37 PM »
Reading these posts makes me glad to be a Texan, and to know that I’m not the only one with over a thousand rounds ready at a minute notice.

Like a 21st century minute men.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »

DCD327 - Rest assured, if I find myself in a situation that will require using one of my firearms to stop a threat - the threat will be stopped.

:th_thicon_idea:   Damn straight.  :thumbsup1:

( Just to be clear, I was NOT aiming that directly at you,, it was meant in general )

Offline Axxe55

• Brass Hoarder
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 09:46:52 PM »
Enough to send the main stream media into cardiac arrest and get me headline coverage status 8-)
Randy

^^^^This!^^^^

Ditto!  :th_thicon_idea:
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."
Remember the Alamo.
NRA Member. TSRA Member.

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
Randy

^^^^This!^^^^

Ditto!  :th_thicon_idea:

Ummm yeah. I have no desire to become a news story for rachel the lesbian either.  :th_thicon_funny:

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 10:15:10 PM »
1-10k rounds might be “enough” for many of us, but I used to work with an engineer in AZ who had >100 weapons and apparently had “6 digits” of ammo.

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 10:18:29 PM »

Ummm yeah. I have no desire to become a news story for rachel the lesbian either.  :th_thicon_funny:

Gee DCD, never heard of her, didn’t know you were into “Rachel the Lesbian“?   :th_thicon_funny:
Do tell.