Author Topic: Cz scorpion evo pistol  (Read 433 times)

Offline AKM-47

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
Cz scorpion evo pistol
« on: January 26, 2019, 10:32:48 PM »
How many rounds would be needed to consider a Cz scorpion evo pistol broken in or over done

I'm looking at one with 600rds down the pipe

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Cz scorpion evo pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
I have the EVO 3 S1 carbine w/can which, as you probably know, is the same as the pistol but with the arm brace and I can't say enough good things about it. It's one of the finest firearms I've ever owned. Dead accurate out of the box and I'm going to guesstimate 1k or a little less rounds down the pipe. I've never had a problem with it.
I have a Burrris Fast Fire III red dot on it now but will soon be returning to the multi recticule scope I originally had on it. The red dot is fine out to 50 - 75 ft. but I like a little magnification past that.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:50:19 PM »
If I was ever to get a 9 mm carbine again, I would buy that CZ. I was not a huge fan of the Beretta CX4.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »
How many rounds would be needed to consider a Cz scorpion evo pistol broken in or over done

I'm looking at one with 600rds down the pipe

I would say that that is reliable, if you've gone through 600 rounds with no issues.

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 11:24:24 PM »
Their tolerances are so tight with fine machine work, break in on anything but the DA
 triggers seem like a non issue with CZ.

Their DA triggers seem to break in and smooth out about 600 rounds.
Which you can excelerate to 400 rounds with alot of oil & carbide based grease on the sear.  :th_thicon_idea:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 12:02:04 PM »
The only item I'd add on a new gun is to try multiple different brands of ammo.  Some will fire better than others.
I'd note I purchased about 5 different brands of ammo for my .44 Desert Eagle, 1 works very well, 1 not bad, the others are not as well liked by Boomer Jr.

Offline AKM-47

• Brass Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 05:16:18 PM »
The guy will not ship so I'm not getting it, but I found one in La Marque I can get for $780 new