Author Topic: Enjoyed shooting today  (Read 475 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
Enjoyed shooting today
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
With all the health issues I have had to deal with in the last 12 months, I've only got to go shooting probably 3 times in the last 12 months. It's been 5 months since my last trip.

I put about 200 rounds thru my daily carry gun today - my HK P2000. Did pretty well - especially considering it's been 5 months.

I like that little gun. Next month will be 4 years that I have been carrying it.

Anyway, I had a nice time today  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline Geoman

• Owns a Gunbelt
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoyed shooting today
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »
My P2000SK is now my daily carry as well.  I went to the range for the first time in about 2 months and was happy to be there.  Trigger control lost a little, but still lotsa fun.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Online TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 08:22:45 PM »
Glad to hear your getting back out. 

We need a get together sometime soon.  Just got another 1000 rounds of 9mm, so I need to get going.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 09:14:54 PM »
My P2000SK is now my daily carry as well.  I went to the range for the first time in about 2 months and was happy to be there.  Trigger control lost a little, but still lotsa fun.

I normally carry my P2000 - regular size. But, I do have a P2000sk as well. My favorite sub compact out of all the various ones I have owned over 20+ years

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:15:38 PM »
Glad to hear your getting back out. 

We need a get together sometime soon.  Just got another 1000 rounds of 9mm, so I need to get going.

One of these days...

Other than my PS90 - Everything I own now is 9mm.

Offline Domineaux

• Administrator
  • Never Misses The Target
  • Work from home server admin and family man
    • View Profile
    • Suggestions by Domineaux
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
Glad you got some range time Ship!
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."

Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
Suggestions by Domineaux
-Tony

Online Shield45

• Has Trigger Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 07:46:31 AM »
Gonna go to my land today and release a little lead myself.
Haven’t been since just before Xmas. With weather and around the current house project of fence rebuild have been able to get there.

Should be an enjoyable day.

Good to hear you got to let some fly ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 08:59:40 AM »
Yeah, good to see your out enjoying yourself. Nothing like some range time to relieve a little stress. I'm speculating you went to Champion. Usually Saturday's are pretty crowded. Did you have to wait?
I need to get some outdoor range time. I like Marksman but the rifle range is closed because of all the rain. Almost 40 inches of rain since September and averaging some measurable amounts every 5-6 days. If that continues it will be mid summer before it dries out, 
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 09:16:17 AM »
Yeah, good to see your out enjoying yourself. Nothing like some range time to relieve a little stress. I'm speculating you went to Champion. Usually Saturday's are pretty crowded. Did you have to wait?
I need to get some outdoor range time. I like Marksman but the rifle range is closed because of all the rain. Almost 40 inches of rain since September and averaging some measurable amounts every 5-6 days. If that continues it will be mid summer before it dries out,

That place is a mudpit. I have not been there in a few years. The last time I went, I had an SUV. And, it took me 40 minutes to wash out all the mud from all 4 wheel wells.

For just pistol shooting - yes, I like Champion the best.

I do need to go out to Gunsmoke soon, as it has been over 2 years since I shot my PS90 - or since my son has shot the 22 rifle I bought for him. I need to change out the battery in my Aimpoint optic (on the PS90) soon, and I wanna double check my zero after I do that.

There was 1 empty lane at Champion when I got there - but after 15 or 20 minutes, 3 or 4 lanes opened up. So, it was not bad. I went in the early afternoon

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 09:34:51 AM »
yep, I'm an "indoor" fan - what I like(d) about Shooter's Station (Conroe) was that they had indoor ranges for both pistol and rifle (shotgun)

pistol range has about 12-15 lanes and out to 25yds - rifle range has 8, or so, lanes and out to 100 yds

the range that I just went to in Longview allows pistols, rifles, shotguns on the same (indoor) range (side by side) but the range goes only to 25 yds (they do have some nice target pullers - functions are controlled by a touch screen - distances can be set exactly and automatically

(I don't care to go 4 wheeling with my truck just to go shooting.....)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 01:19:36 PM »

[/quote]

That place is a mudpit. I have not been there in a few years. The last time I went, I had an SUV. And, it took me 40 minutes to wash out all the mud from all 4 wheel wells.

For just pistol shooting - yes, I like Champion the best.

I do need to go out to Gunsmoke soon, as it has been over 2 years since I shot my PS90 - or since my son has shot the 22 rifle I bought for him. I need to change out the battery in my Aimpoint optic (on the PS90) soon, and I wanna double check my zero after I do that.

There was 1 empty lane at Champion when I got there - but after 15 or 20 minutes, 3 or 4 lanes opened up. So, it was not bad. I went in the early afternoon
[/quote]
Champion is great but their caliber restrictions keep me from shooting my FN 5.7, .45 Long Colt and a couple of other pistols I like to shoot. In the last 18 months they also added jacketed ammo only no lead policy which really restricts me when shooting .38 special as I have 2K or so rounds of semi wad cutter target rounds that are now just gathering dust. But their place, their rules and they have always treated me right plus they know what interests and will call me if they get something in that I like. Can't beat that.
Marksman made some good improvements since the original owners got the place back from the jerks at Gun Corps. Being open only on Fri, Sat, and Sun plus location really restricts access. My son, grandson and I like to go out there early on Sunday morning as we usually have the range to ourselves but haven't been able to get in since mid summer.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 01:41:44 PM »
I went to Marksman right after it was originally opened. I talked to the guy there quite a bit. It has also been another range years before _ I had been there 1x - back around 2004 or so. But, then it closed down for a few years until it was reopened.

Champion used to let ya shoot 5.7 there for years. I used to shoot my PS90 there, from the time they opened the range. But, I was told that they changed insurance companies, and they no longer allowed it. I had asked for their reasoning when they changed the rule.

The people working there are not very knowledgeable about the 5.7 round, anyway. I looked at a Five Seven handgun several months ago. And, the employee there was telling me why they don't allow the round to be fired there. In his description of the round, he obviously knew nothing about it - just repeating what someone else told him. He claimed it would penetrate all the way threw their backstop. That simply is not true.

I owned two PS90s going back to 2006 - and a Five Seven back in 2008 (I later sold them - but then I bought a PS90 again, about 2 years ago). I was the admin of the FN Forum for 3 or 4 years back in 2006 or so. And, I am very familiar with what the round does. I have the PS90 for my condo self-defense weapon specifically because the round does not overpenetrate on targets.

But whatever - as you stated... Their range, their rules.

I had wanted to try out your Five Seven again, to decide if I wanted to get one again. It would make a perfect summer carry gun - with the polymer frame and polymer covered slide. However, I know I would never carry the gun, because it is not DA/SA. And, I never was a huge fan of the location of the safety on that gun. That's why I haven't mentioned it again.

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 11:00:37 AM »
I do have a P2000sk as well. My favorite sub compact out of all the various ones I have owned over 20+ years

Thanks for the invite!!!!!

Just jokes.. kiddo selling Girl Scout Cookies so I was tied up anyhow...

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 11:11:28 AM »
I do have a P2000sk as well. My favorite sub compact out of all the various ones I have owned over 20+ years

Thanks for the invite!!!!!

Just jokes.. kiddo selling Girl Scout Cookies so I was tied up anyhow...

I almost did, but I figured you would be outta the country by now. Seems like it has been a few weeks since we last talked...

Offline Tarosean

• Concealed Carry Pro
  • You can make excuses or you can make ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
I almost did, but I figured you would be outta the country by now. Seems like it has been a few weeks since we last talked...

I left Sunday...  :th_thicon_idea:

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 01:50:41 PM »
Ah, ok....