Author Topic: At the indoor range today  (Read 547 times)

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
At the indoor range today
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:41 PM »
Wife and I went to the local indoor range today. Wife hadn't shot her Bersa .380 in a few months and I also brought along three .38 SP revolvers including my EDC Colt Detective Special and my Hi Power.
As Ship and a couple of others on this forum can attest too this range has no ambient light but more than enough artificial light to shoot out to the fifty foot limit. I shot my Colt first and had real trouble lining up the front blade. Was all over place at twenty feet. Not much better with with my 3" LCRx. Wife say's I would probably do better if I took off my sunglasses. :icon_redface: Prescription Ray Bans. Took them off and put on my regular specs. Much better.
Wife puts a magazine down range.

Went home popped a beer and took a nap.

This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline TXAZ

• Shooting Pro
  • أنا لست إرهابياً
    • View Profile
Re: At the indoor range today
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:01:53 PM »
Looks like where Ruby shot Oswald.
That works.

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »
Very cool.

It takes a while to get used to shooting at that dark range. But now I prefer it. I like shooting rifles outside. But when it comes to shooting handguns, I prefer to shoot there.

Online Alte Schule

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
Very cool.

It takes a while to get used to shooting at that dark range. But now I prefer it. I like shooting rifles outside. But when it comes to shooting handguns, I prefer to shoot there.
And it was actually cool inside. Did the hot brass dance when I caught a spent .380 case down the back of my shirt.
This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.
Toussaint Louverture

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »
"when" I shoot I like to be comfortable and Shooter's Station in Conroe offered conditioned air inside - both pistol and rifle (the rifle lanes were just 100 yards but that was enough for what I wanted to do - and they had tv cameras at 100 yds with the monitors back at the tables  :th_thicon_idea:)

outside is "ok" but I really don't like temp extremes nor the glare on really bright days

still haven't shot since moving (and before - August) but know of a couple of places (not real close however) - my Buddy and his Wife will be visiting in late March - he shoots so we just might take a day to do some - want him to shoot my 9mm Luger (but we're also taking the Mineola-Ft Worth AMTRAK "Wine Train" - overnight in FTW, visit the Stockyards - train back the next afternoon)
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:08:17 AM »
my Wife had Achilles Tendon surgery Wednesday morning and there's a lot of care that she's been needing since - as a treat for myself, looking forward to Tuesday (I think) of going 45 miles east (Longview) and using the indoor range of a gun shop located there (Top Shot Indoor Range and Guns)

as much as I hate cleaning guns I'm gonna limit myself to just 2 pistols - my Coonan .357mag and my latest, my 1938 9mm German Luger

it's been SO LONG that I hope I remember how to load each of 'em
Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum