Author Topic: First Look Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame Pistol  (Read 498 times)

Offline Shipwreck

• Administrator
  • Deplorable Killjoy
  • 1-24-17 was LEGENDARY
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
First Look Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame Pistol
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:09 PM »
First Look Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame Pistol

USA -(Ammoland.com)- #GripandTrigger swept over the polymer-frame, striker-fired community as the Walther PPQ grew in popularity.  5″-barreled target models began making their way to competition stages and then Walther released the Q5 Match with an optics-ready platform, lightening cuts in the slide, and a signature blue trigger.  Serving as a flagship and pinnacle model the Q5 Match has been popular, but Walther wanted to take things a step further.  Kept under tight secrecy until just months before official announcement in the US, the Q5 Match Steel Frame (SF) has arrived.

Rather than simply machine an aluminum or steel copy of the polymer frame Walther's engineers took things a step further and created what in this author's eye is nothing short of art.  Dozens of complex cuts, bevels, and transitions have been modeled into a piece of steel that fits the hand more comfortably than many polymer frames.  Why steel?  Weight.  Using steel offers a heavy frame to minimize recoil and steady more easily in the hand at speed.  The Q5 Match SF is designed with competitive shooting in mind.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/first-look-walther-ppq-q5-match-steel-frame-pistol/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=4994ca11b0-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-4994ca11b0-20598033#axzz5bML4rU5O

Online Tango

• Military
  • Concealed Carry Pro
    • View Profile
Re: First Look Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame Pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:17:38 PM »
not really my cup-o-tea.....much prefer this, my P06, made in 1912 (or it's stable-mate, my 9mm "Luger", P08, made in 1938)

Follow Me - Martin Baker Tie Club member
Si Vis pacem, para Bellum

Offline Geoman

• Owns a Gunbelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 09:19:47 PM »
Saw this earlier today.  Not my thing.  But I'm glad Walther is continuing to look at new audiences.  I'm a fan of Walthers although I am currently without one.  Still looking for my next one that can do better than my HK DA/SA pistols.  Not a fan of striker fired pistols.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Offline Axxe55

• Professional Target Hanger
  • Trophy Husband! Just ask my wife!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »
I have owned a few Walthers over the years, and can say I have been pleased with all of them. I like that they are being innovative in trying something new. and I'm really liking this pistol!
Misguided Miscreant!
North of Hell, and South of Heaven. Texas, by God!
"It is far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees."

Offline DCD327

• Progressive Reloader
  • Military.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
The ONLY Walther in this camp is a 1939-P38 my Grandpap picked up off the battlefield in Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge in December of 1944, during WW2. .   :th_thicon_idea:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

There are two kinds of people in the world my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. YOU DIG.  " Blondie".

Well, any man that wouldnt cheat at cards for a poke, dont want one bad enough. " Gus".